Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tis The Season For Busyness

I have a confession...I shouldn't be blogging...I should be working on the million and one other things that are on my list of things to get done today. But I believe that blogging is kind of therapeutic so I'll continue.

The Christmas season (well it actually starts right after Thanksgiving) brings many wonderful things, but it also brings an incredible flurry of busyness. I think that this year has been the worst one I've had (in terms of being busy) in many years. My friend S was saying that she was having a hard time getting into the Christmas Spirit. Well, it also works the other way too. Sometimes I find myself just wishing the entire season was over so that things would settle down and return to normal.

My December started out with parties planned (a record setting 7 parties in two weeks) for every day it seemed. Don't get me wrong...once I was there with the required pot luck dish or snack item and wrapped present it was great. It was just getting everything ready. Yesterday I had a delightful time with my friend B. We went out to dinner to catch up and enjoy the Christmas season. And her new sports car inspired a little trip down memory lane for me too. Oh the joys of driving a standard. The world goes fuzzy as I remember back to my first major car accident where I totaled my first car. Then my aunt graciously let me use her old car...her old standard car. Now I can laugh about the stalling, flooding the engine, peeling out. Then it wasn't so funny, but I eventually learned how to control the clutch and get everything to go at the same time. Like I told B, I think I'm a better person for learning how to drive a standard. And it also made me appreciate my automatic too. Fuzzy as we return to the here and now. I have a party tonight and also I need to wrap gifts, work on a packing list, balance my checkbook, those kind of things. Oh the joys of a packed December.

I'm sure there are probably only a handful of people (and they probably only care a smidgen) out there that might miss my posts or my comments on their blogs, but blogging will have to be regulated to the back burner for the next few weeks. I think I'm already having withdrawal symptoms. I must get ready for my New York trip. I must wrap presents. I must finish shopping for presents to wrap. I must pack. I must attend my final Christmas party of the season. So for those of you out there that I might not get a chance to write to again before Christmas I hope that you have a great Christmas and enjoy all the delights of the season!

Is anyone else still behind on buy Christmas presents? Has anyone else saved wrapping until the very last minute? Was anyone else crazy enough to plan a major trip for five days before Christmas? There should be professional help available for people like me!

5 comments:

mikster said...

Merry Christmas...will miss ya!

PokerGodo said...

Just think, soon you will be in New York on vacation, and not having to worry about all the busyness. Just enjoy your vacation from your real world!!

See ya soon!

Tracy O'Brien said...

Awhh I'm going to miss you! thanks for all your comments, I've been crazy busy with exams so that's why my blogging has fallen behind! I'm afraid I haven't even begun to think about Christmas shopping, let alone the wrapping part! I won't be able to go home until Christmas Eve, which is sad.. exams aren't finished until next Monday. Then it is time for the excitement to kick in! I really hope you enjoy your trip to New York, it should be beautiful! Have a great Christmas, and a safe and happy holiday!
xxx

doodlebugmom said...

Merry Christams Steff, enjoy your vacation!

Whistle Britches said...

Seven parties? If you have any leftovers (I'm not picky) please send them my way.