Friday, February 03, 2006

One Of Those Days

Today a lot of bloggable things happened. Each could have it's own post but I'm lazy and besides who would read four different posts?

First, today was my last day at the scrapbook store. I was a little sad and a whole lot excited. It was weird because there was no fanfare. Not that I needed a parade or anything. All I got was a little "see you around". But, I did enjoy working there and I will be back. That is the best scrapbooking place around.

Second, I met with the teacher that I'm going to be subbing for for at least the next month. I'm actually going to be doing the real thing...lesson plans, grades, tests, TAKS prep. I should be getting paid more than I am. Yeah...I'm bitter about it. But she was really nice and I adore the women that also teach in that grade. If only I could take them with me wherever I end up.

Third, I ate at one of my favorite places today. I love Taco Bueno. And for those of you who don't have one...poor you. The food is great. The service isn't. The following just drives me batty. Most people that know me will tell you that I'm pretty tough when it comes to wait staff at restaurants and drive through windows. Today, this is pretty much how the conversation went:
Drive Through Board Voice: "So that's a beef nacho salad and a medium Coke. Would you like hot sauce with that?"
Steff: "No. But could you please put in some extra napkins."
Drive Through Board Voice: "Sure. Your total is $4.22. Please pull around."
Drive Through Window Face: "Here is your order."
Steff (as she pulls out the hot sauce to hand back to the window face) "I didn't ask for hot sauce. As a matter of fact I actually said no the hot sauce."
Drive Through Window Face: "Sorry but we can't take food back once it's left the building."
Steff: "What?! This hasn't been anywhere but in your hands and in this sack."
Drive Through Window Face: "Sorry ma'am. That's our policy."
Steff: "Then why even bother to ask me if you're going to give it to me anyway?"
Drive Through Window Face (now starting to realize she should have just taken the freakin' hot sauce back) "Well, I didn't actually ask. The person taking the order asks and the person who sacks up the food puts the hot sauce in the bag."
Steff: "Your system sucks lady."

I was already pissed about the dang hot sauce. Imagine my displeasure when I got to my lunch table and didn't have a single napkin. Good thing I wasn't still on the property!

Fourth, my cordless mouse is dying. His batteries are starting to go. If I want to scroll around or click on something I have to pick him up and turn him over and push the white connect button. One would have assumed that I'd just get up and riffle thought the drawer for some new batteries. Umm did I mention that I'm kind of lazy tonight? Maybe picking him up and turning him over is therapeutic or something. I don't know.

It's late and I'm tired.

4 comments:

mikster said...

Sooooo...in other words.....you're hot enough without the sauce?

Just asking.

Since I have no pj pics to go by...*snickers*

Steff said...

So are you sexier without hair...just asking since I have no new haircut pic to by?

Trina said...

I feel for ya Steph! Plus my mouse is shouting the same stinking message on my screen too. So we are kindred spirits....lol.

Tracy O'Brien said...

no Taco Bueno here in Ireland I'm afraid, so will have to wait till I'm in the States again for that one! We do have Abrakebabra.. that's the only place that do taco's really.. mmm taco fries! yum!