Wednesday, May 24, 2006

High School Forever?

Has anyone else noticed that life seems to just be a continuation of high school? I'm not talking about the homework and curfews. I'm talking about how people react to each other. The girls are still catty. The guys still base everything on looks. And New Year's Eve is prom all over again.

Remember how the girls used to treat each other? If you didn't wear the right brand of clothes they made fun of you. Your boyfriend (or lack of one) was always up for inspection. You were defined pretty much by the group you hung around. Well, in that respect life hasn't changed much since high school.

Girls can still be bitches.

I'm not excluding myself from that statement. I can still make snap judgements about people. I've been known to say something that if just anyone passing by heard it would sound fine, but to the person I said it to it was biting and hurtful. Oh it's usually not about clothes and grades anymore but about jobs, husbands, and who has the biggest house. I just assumed that people (and by that I mean ladies) would eventually grow out of that.

Apparently not.

5 comments:

mikster said...

I think everyone is wonderful...just saying.

Staci said...

Such a true... true... but sad realization you have had. Life deals'em in Aces......

Somrtimes Catty or Bitchy can be a good thing. :)

*~Annette~* said...

Hope you aren't talking about me... my house is small compared to most around here! And I don't have a job!! ROFL!

Sorry it's so bad, girl!

*~Annette~* said...

BTW.... I think you rock! So, if you are defined by the people you hang with, I like them...

*~Annette~* said...

Now? Since I'm premenopausal, YUP. Can get pretty bitchy fast and cap it with hot flashes. Too bad I'm only 32...