Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Licking And Sealing...Sending

I'm up to my tongue in Christmas cards! I've spent the better part of tonight writing, licking, sealing, and thank goodness for self-adhesive stamps...stamping my Christmas cards.

I love snail mail anyway, but I really love to send out Christmas cards. Is there anyone who doesn't enjoy a little holiday joy in the form of a Christmas card?

It's funny because when I first started sending my own Christmas cards to people I only had about five to ten people. Easy enough...well apparently the older you get the more people you know.

Several days ago I set down and made out the list of everyone that deserved a Christmas card. A few snuck on that as I was getting writer's cramp tonight wondered how they made the short list...lol. Oh you know those people...the ones that never call you, never write you, probably will look at your name and have to think before it dawns on them who you are...those people. Thankfully, I've only found two so far. Still...it's Christmas and a card is the least I can do for someone who at some point meant enough to be put in my address book.

My living room looks like a card factory. I have a tv tray for the cards (seven different types to be exact) and then the aforementioned address book and my stamps. Last year the holiday stamps were ugly. Thankfully, this year they are super cute snowflakes! Anyway, I have the standard line down and then I add my own personal touch.

Don't get me wrong...I enjoy it, but goodness...night two and still about 15 cards to write and envelopes to address.

Shallow perhaps but...I hope I get a lot of Christmas cards this year.

3 comments:

mikster said...

I have absolutely no input on any sentence that begins with "I'm up to my tongue in...."

*snickers*

Steff said...

Mike: You're so dirty...

*snickers*

*~Annette~* said...

Dude... I feel special. I was so tickled to have gotten a card from you today... and now I know that I made the SHORT list!! YAY ME!!!

Girl, I *heart* you, too.