Thursday, April 12, 2007

Seriously...Abe Lincoln And A Beaver?

***If you were amused by the last post, please check out the comments from said post. I added another gem that happened just today. It might cause you to laugh and it might cause an eye roll, but it is 100% true!***

Okay...someone...please tell me what is up with the sleep medicine commercial that has the sorry Abe Lincoln impersinator and that talking beaver. I don't get it!

Seriously, what do Abe Lincoln and a beaver have to do with not sleeping or dreams for that matter? Is this some dirty joke I don't get? Huh?

If I did have sleep trouble I don't think I'd want to take that medicine just on the off chance that it might make me dream about Abe Lincoln and a beaver. Am I the only one that thinks every other sentence in this post sounds dirty?

Seriously, the ad guys for this spot went way off. If I was whatever sleep aid company that was I'd be demanding my money back.

Seriously!

Oh, can you tell I'm tired of Grey's repeats and I'm dying for some new episodes?!

4 comments:

Trina said...

Okay...I think that commercial ran during SURVIVOR, cuz I saw it too, and thought, "What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?" rofl

Melissa said...

My husband didn't quite get it either. I think it has to do with the surreal nature of dreams.

Like the one I had the other night, where I was talking to Katie Holmes, and she was telling me what a complete nut Tom was and how she was making him sleep on the couch.

Nikky said...

I, too, think it lends itself to the absurd nature of dreams. Like mine last night: I was sitting on the toilet (which, oddly enough, was in the dining room) when my husband walked in the back door, still in fatigues...with no warning, waaaay ahead of schedule AND followed by 3 other guys in full military gear!
Dreams are goofy, Abe and the beaver are just examples of that, IMO

Anonymous said...

Seriously....completly understand the need of new Grey's...but it's coming next week!!!!!!! And I agree that Abe and the beaver are a little weird....