Friday, January 11, 2008

Wiped Out

Well, this week has been a good one, but it has kicked my butt too! School started back this Wednesday. I missed my kids! I didn't realize it until they came rushing up to me with hugs. I worried that we'd back track in our progress of learning and sticking to our routines, but they were great! They were a little rowdy today (or maybe I was just a little tired) but overall it was very nice to be back into my routine.

The only part of my routine that I'm not crazy about is the getting up at 5:30am part. I was looking forward to Saturday morning and sleeping as late as I wanted, but I've got this meeting thing tomorrow morning. See, I'm the Relay For Life co-captain for out school's team and there is a meeting tomorrow. It starts at 9am. Sometimes being a leader totally sucks. Bad attitude I know, but I'm wiped out.

So, after that I hope to get home and just relax. There is the required laundry and general cleaning that needs to be done too. Also, I need to get caught up with my blog buddies! I've been a total slacker in making the rounds. Lame excuse I know. So, watch out...I'll be out and about tomorrow!

Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm off to be a complete old fart by going to bed at 9pm and letting sleep claim me!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

HA! that ain't old...i've got a boy here who's not sick but has been sleeping off and on since about 6:30 tonight!

and you're right - sometimes, being a leader DOES suck!

Niners said...

Being a leader does suck sometimes, that is why I try to avoid the whole leadership thing. I am totally exhausted too. I should be sleeping right now, it is 1:00am, but nooooooo, I am blogging.

Anonymous said...

Hope the meeting went well. I had to work today, so there was no sleeping in. Thank goodness the library isn't open on Sundays.

Lori said...

All I can say is DITTO - that first week wiped me out too! Several nights last week I was in bed at 8:30 or 9...the alarm clock was the worst!