Monday, June 30, 2008

Yes...Still Alive

I know...way to long between posts! You'll just have to forgive me.

First, thank you all for the congratulations. I am very excited to say the least about my new position. It is exactly what I wanted and I'm looking forward to being in a new positive environment. Please keep praying and sending good thoughts as it isn't "final" yet. The principal went on a week long in-service retreat (to Vail, CO...yeah...) and did not get all the paper work to HR yet. She told me today that she will be taking it to HR tomorrow. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm on a deadline. I'm still under contract with HISD and will be locked in after July 11 so while I'm confident that it will all be resolved I'm still nervous. I can't wait to as someone put it, "tell her to shove it." Anyway, enough of that. Y'all understand how I feel about my current principal.

Now, on to the move. Everything went so smoothly. I'm telling you, movers are worth every single penny! They had me packed up, moved, unloaded, and were on their way by 11am last Saturday. There were only two of them too. Like I said...worth every cent.

My mom stayed with me the past week to help me unpack and decorate my new apartment. I don't have any pictures now, but I will soon. I love it! It feels like home and I have more space too. Which for a girl like me is always a good thing! My mom and I worked at a steady pace and while everything was in its place when we left yesterday we were worn out. Moving isn't for the faint of heart!

Now, I'm in Abilene. I'm here to visit with my parents for a couple of weeks. Also I'm having some dental surgery done. I'm having all my wisdom teeth out next Monday. There are four of those suckers. One has behaved and is just ready to be pulled. Two are impacted and laying sideways. And one is flush against my jaw bone. I have a feeling this won't be an easy removal as my oral surgeon said, "You'll be cussing me the next day." Yeah...I can't wait.

Other than all that, I'm doing well. Toby is growing like a weed and he is so adorable. Of course I'm sure all pet parents think their pet is the most adorablest (yeah I think that is a word...) but y'all...Toby really is the most adorable kitty! I'll have to post new pictures of him too. Unfortunately, he isn't getting along with my parents cat. Compared to Toby, Dex (whom I love and adore too) is a huge honkin' thing. When he bares his teeth and growls (cats can growl...who'd have thunk?) he is down right scary. So the transition hasn't been totally smooth for Toby and Dex. They have 15 more days to get it right though!

I was catching up on some posts today and I just want everyone to know that while some of you have some really big stuff going on I always appreciate that you take the time to stop by here and leave a comment for me. It isn't a big secret that I haven't been happy with my lot in life for the last several months, but I feel so much better and at peace about things. I'm hoping to return to my normal self (blogging self included!) soon. I hope that y'all are doing well and taking care!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh - I had my wisdom teeth out last year, and they weren't quite as bad as yours seem to be, but it was an ordeal nonetheless.

Glad you're getting settled into your new place! I can't wait to see pictures!

Edtime Stories said...

stay strong....the best part of oral surgery is the wonderful painkillers....

Anonymous said...

So, while you're in Abilene, before the surgery, have a Rick and Carolyn's burger for me. Are they still open?

Glad your all moved in. Best of luck with the final details at the new job.

Becky said...

I am so happy for you! A new place and a new job...everything will be final soon, I have faith! And I am sure your new home is wonderfully decorated and arranged...I would love to have you and your mom come help me decorate my new house. It looks like Matt and I will be closing on our house sometime the end of next week. Please send pics of your home when you can! Also tell your parents hello for me!! I know you will love their pampering after your oral surgery.

Niners said...

I am so glad we are neighbors. I ordered something for you, but you have to wait until it comes in. It really isn't much, but I ordered one for me, and I thought you could use one too.

I am glad to see some positivity in your life..........you had a rough year. I guess I will be left to tackle S by myself. It's going to be kind of weird without you around the corner. But oh well at least you live across the street.....that's even better. My prayers are with you and your surgery. Hopefully the pain killers will do their job. See ya when you get back.

I AM SO READY FOR THE BEACH!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's about time that things went your way girlfriend!

Having had surgery for three out of four impacted wisdom teeth I can tell you with some authority that it won't be a cake walk. It will hurt and unlike me, you should take the meds. I thought it would be a piece of cake and said, 'nah, I don't need the next day off from work'. Boy, was I wrong.

Jacquie

Lori said...

Glad the move went well!! Good luck with those wisdom teeth. I had all 4 of mine pulled at once too. It sucks, but best to get it all over with in one shot. You will need your Momma for a few days...I had mine for two I think and slept for about 3 or 4 days!!!
Can't wait to see pics of everything!

Lindsey said...

Glad you are so happy in your new place!! Good luck with the oral surgery-just think, it'll be over with and done and you won't have any molars to worry about anymore!! Can't' wait to see pics of the new place and the kitty!!!