Monday, August 01, 2005

Annoying Automated Voice Rant (Post Script)

I hate hate hate hate hate the automated voice that customer service centers employ. I purchased a Singer vacuum from a tv commercial (my first mistake I'm beginning to realize) and was charged almost double what I was quoted. So not only am I mad at the fact that my order was messed up, I am frankly very pissed at the fact, that as of the moment, I'm out $300. I noticed the mix up on Saturday morning and of course customer care isn't available to its valued customers 24/7 so I've had to wait. And stew about the matter too. Well I called this morning...right at 8am...and waited for over 30 minutes, 18oo seconds for a person to help me straighten out this vacuum cleaner mess. Finally, after hearing the also annoying music and the Voice saying every 45 seconds (yes I was that bored while waiting) "Your call is important to us. Please continue to hold for the next available customer service representative to assist you." I get a human voice. Finally, I'm going to get to the bottom of this matter and repad my checking account. The overly cheery woman lets me know that all of the representatives are currently assisting other customers (with complaints I'm beginning to wonder?) and that if I'd like to leave my name and phone number someone will contact me before 6 pm tonight. Can you begin to understand why I'm frustrated? I politely say yes I'd like to have someone call me...it isn't her fault I can't take another second of this company and it's automated employees. So, my bank account continues to be lonely without the $300 and I remain frustrated by my encounter with the annoying automated voice.

Post Script: It's well after 6pm and still no call from the automated company. Still frustrated and still out $300.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, Just so you know, i know officially think you're weird. ;-) Just kidding! Hey, I wasn't the one you had no sympathy for was I? Cause that's just not right....after all we've been through....