Monday, August 15, 2005

A fascination With Everything Odd

I have two cats. Two male cats. Two male cats under the age of six months. Life in my house is all about adventures and clean up from the "terrible two". My little guys are great, but the other day I couldn't help thinking that my cats are only fascinated with the odd things in life. For example:

The toilet. This very common place item provides hours of amusement for the boys. They love to sit at it's base and stare at it. I often wonder if they are trying their own version of worshipping the porcelain god. They are really cute when they cock their heads to one side and stare at the seat while swirling noises fill the bathroom. Also, the toilet will apparently work in a pinch when they need a little bit of rehydration. I suppose potty water tastes better than the stuff we serve in the water dish. I'm going to have to just believe them on this one as I am not about to test my theory.

Bugs. Ahh the power of little things that crawl around in the grass. The boys live to bring inside and drop at my feet little friends they have made outside. I should mention that I am terrified of bugs so this isn't so amusing for me. At first it was kind of cute...oh look he brought me a grasshopper. I normally just yell for the man to come and get the bug. It's kind of sad in a way. The cats look so sad when I take away a play thing. But it doesn't last long. Soon they are on their way out the door to find another present for me. If only they would start doing the killing and eating outdoors. There is nothing worse than a bug that comes back to life as you reach down to pick him up with a kleenex!

Now, I consider the toilet and bugs to be odd things to have a fascination with. But then again, I'm not a cat. But it did cause me to ponder the things in my life that I'm fascinated with that some might see as odd. For example:

Sonic commercials. I love the two guys in the Sonic commercials. Yes, the are pretty pointless and even I'll admit sometimes a bit dumb. But hey...That's what makes them great! I have several favorites (which annoys my mom when I start repeating the lines word for word when they come on). The one with the silent r after the w. Where the guy says I think you've just been saying it whawrong. Even now I feel a chuckle making it's way to the top... I also like the one where the guys are talking about high school and again the guy is like so how long did you go to high school? The other guys says four years...so you were like on the accelerated program. Okay the chuckle broke free. But the best is the Island Fire one... I should stop. Now I've just confirmed I'm odd. :op

Those colored cube thingies. Are they positive that there really is a solution that will make everyside have the exact same color? I mean really...

The list could go on but who would voluntarily list just how odd they are? Perhaps my cats and I aren't all that odd. Well, the toilet thing...that is just plain odd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the Sonic Guys too. And, Milton LOVES the toilet.