Saturday, October 22, 2005

Party Recap

Last night was the Halloween party. I thought I'd amuse myself, and those of you that stop by here, by recapping last night's activities.

Perhaps I should start earlier in the day... (this is the part where the world goes fuzzy as we focus in on me in the morning)...I was returning from a sleep-over. I just had enough time to jump in the shower, but not enough to dry my hair when I jumped out. I had to make a waxing appointment. If you knew me, you'd understand that my hair is slightly wavy so it frizzes if I don't tame it with a hair dryer. So, I just let it air dry and then just pulled it up into a ponytail. (More fuzzy as we refocus on me after work.)

Wet/dry hair - check
Get dressed as Shirley as I mutter that no one is ever going to get this outfit - check
Touch up my make-up - check
Discover that my comfortable black pumps are still packed away with my winter stuff and that I'll have to wear my pointy toe witch shoes - check
Decide to toss in a pair of jeans because no one is ever going to get this outfit and I should be comfortable - check
Grab a bag of chips (my contribution to the party) - check

I have to admit that I was a little nervous going to this party. I was invited by my friend C, so these were her friends, her inside jokes, her party basically. But, I shouldn't have been nervous. Her friends were totally open and welcoming. Now, I've been harping on my "costume" so I think it's only fair to recount some of the more creative costumes.

In no particular order:
1. Gorilla wearing a red lace bra and thong panty set (This happened to be my absolute favorite! No one could look at her in this outfit without first feeling creeped by the face and then you got another feeling as you watched her walk away with a strip of red fabric working it's way up her butt.)
2. Willy Nelson
3. Princess Fiona (complete with green body paint...everywhere)
4. Skater Boy (kinda like our costume...he brought a skate board and called himself skater boy. She wore an L and called herself Laverne)
5. Dracula and his princess bride
6. Zorro
7. Ref and ball player
8. NASA astronauts (these were pretty creative too)
9. Redneck
10. Disco Diva
11. SWAT team member

If you haven't gotten together a costume yet, I highly recommend the gorilla wearing a red thong...just try it!

There was dinner and games and snacks. Finally, we get to the heavy stuff. We were divided into teams for a Halloween themed scavenger hunt.

Okay, I have to come back to this topic, but I must tell you about the guy. There was one guy there that just kinda struck me. He seemed a little shy but very hot. But remember these aren't my friends or my crowd so I coulnd't just up and introduce myself and start flirting. There are social rules people! Anyway, just as I'm working up the nerve to say something incredibly articulate like " how about those hotdogs?" my friend C says "That's him...the guy that I really like." Well crap. Chicks before dicks and all that stuff. Okay, so I'm going to lay off flirting with the guy and just enjoy the party. Okay now back to the scavenger hunt. Can you take a guess as to who ends up on our team?

Our team of six piles into the mini van that will be taking us around our town to find various Halloween things. We immediately jump out two houses down and pose with a blow-up Pooh dracula. Next stop...black cat. The driver spots this wandering cat. It's about 10 pm and it looks black. We nominate one person to jump out and sneak up on the cat and catch it until our entire group can get next to it. Can you see this in your mind? This poor cat...it's screaming and struggling to get free. Finally, we snap a picture and leave the poor kitty alone. Now, I started out sitting next to C in the backseat of the mini van. After our last jump out, now I'm sitting next to the guy. And I wasn't the one to change seats. Okay...be strong Steffany. This is not your guy and you have no business flirting with her guy...even if he isn't exactly her guy. Did I mention how small the backseat of this mini van is? A few more stops and we're at a cemetary.

Now, I can't really describe how creepy a cemetary is at night. Well at least for me...I'm what you would call a scaredy cat. I should mention that we're looking for a tombstone and all we're finding are those plaques on the ground. Someone's brilliant idea is to go search. Okay... We pile out and the driver turns the headlights off. I calmly ask why we can't leave them on and he tells me that leaving them on might alert the police. The police? Well now I'm practically running to catch up. Finally we find a tombstone and just as I step on the grass (isn't there some sort of curse for stepping on a grave?) another girl asks if this is fresh. Fresh...what the heck does fresh mean? Now I'm seriously creeped out and I just want to take the picture. So we take one and before the flash has even died down, I'm off to the van. Wait, I'm not sure that one took...we need another one. Oh give me a break.... Finally the photographer is satisfied. We pile back into the van...and who sits by me? Yep...the guy.

That's about all that was really interesting on the scavenger hunt. We didn't win though. That kind of sucked. So no candy prizes for me. Just a warm fuzzy feeling that I can be strong and not flirt with my friend's guy. Okay so there might have been a little flirting but not enough to warrent any guilt feelings.

Gosh, this is longer than I thought. Just a little more...come on people, you've come this far!

Anyway, after prizes have been given out for creative costume (no, we didn't win) and scavenger team with the most points we settle down for a rousing game of Balderdash. I love this game. Coming up with bs is kinda like a past time (blogging not included in that...seriously). Anyway, I love this game! I won't bore you with details but I stumped everyone with my plot for this movie title Operation: Bikini. I should point out that this was a church group function and the movie title promps were very unchurchlike. Just to name a few: Operation: Bikini, Get Em Off (we laughed for a full five minutes), and One Thrilling Night. College guys (even the church variety) can get a little off that late at night.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed myself last night at C's party. She can invite me back anytime she wants....especially if the guy is there. No flirting...strickly admiring. I came home about 1:30 am and went straight to sleep. So, since I was up late last night, I've got to wrap this up and head to bed. I had fun and maybe if you're lucky you enjoyed hearing the recap!

2 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

You're 23 and 1:30 is late? Girl, it's 1:30 nad I'm up on a Monday!!! lol!! Toughen up!

A scavenger hunt is a good idea... and sounds like a lot of fun. Sucks that you didn't win even after you braved the cemetary.

I LOVE balderdash. Lying is a skill of mine, and I'm enamored with words, so what's not to love about Balderdash?

PokerGodo said...

Steff, you sure know how to make a girl laugh!!