Sunday, December 11, 2005

Bath Time Brrrrrs

I firmly believe in the importance of being clean. I bathe on a regular and frequent basis. I have all of the showertime goodies a girl can be expected to have sitting on the tub. I have two kinds of shampoo, a conditioner for regular hair days and then an extra one for the days when my hair feels a little frizzed. There are various bottles and scents of body wash and, of course, a well loved loofa sponge and bath puff.

I enjoy shower time too. I got made fun of a lot when I was a freshman living in the dorms. I had a three tiered shower cart that I'd roll down to the bathroom each time I went to shower. It held most of the above mentioned items along with my bath robe and shower shoes...a necessity when you shower with 35 other girls. Okay not shower with but use the same shower as 35 other girls. I have to make the clarification because some of you have minds that need to borrow some of the above mentioned soap.

Anyway, I heard it all, but I'm not apologizing for enjoying my shower. Just this past summer I was regulated to the-last-one-to-shower status because they said I took too long on a camping trip. I think it can safely be assumed that you get the point that I enjoy the shower.

Well, lately I dread stepping into the shower. Okay so it's not the shower so much as the cold that seems to be hovering over the shower. Haven't you ever noticed that the shower floor is so cold and no matter how hot you set the water that when you first step in it's freezing cold? And just about the time that you've really started to move around enough to get warm you have to open the curtain and step back out? Winter really makes showering the pits.

I've developed a plan that hasn't seemed to cause too much of a rift in the family. Thank goodness that I'm an only child as I'm sure if I were sharing a bathroom this might not always work. We have a heater thingy that is in the ceiling so I turn that on when I first get up (or about five minutes before I'm ready to get in there) and shut the bathroom door so the heat doesn't escape. Sometimes this can cause trouble as others think that I'm in there when I'm really not. Oh well. I also let the water run for a few minutes so the bottom of the tub is not like a block of ice when I step in.

Other than showering in my bathrobe this seems to work...kinda. Thankfully Winter doesn't last too long down here in Texas.

1 comment:

mikster said...

lol...You would hate showering in WI I'll bet.