Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm A TV Star!!!

Ha...got you with that one didn't I? Okay so I'm not really a Hollywood starlet, but I was on NATIONAL television when I was in New York City. How cool is that?! You can say you knew me when...

First, I think it's only fair to let you in on my little crush on Dave Price. It'll make this post make much more sense. Anyway, back to Dave...he's the weather man on CBS's The Early Show. He has a somewhat risque sense of humor and I can relate. When we firmed up our plans for New York I just KNEW that I had to try and met Dave. Truth be told, this was one of my highlights from the trip. Did D enjoy it...not as much.

Monday night I bought some poster board at the drugstore on the corner and made the neatest sign. It was a to do list for our trip and at the top was Meet Dave Price. I thought it was very catchy. Anyway, that was the night before the big transit strike thing happened. I made sure we left bright and early (5:45am) because I was sure we'd have to walk to get there. Not even that could really put a damper on things though. We were picked up by some really nice people in a van...sounds like the intro to a really bad B movie. They dropped us off about a block from the studio. And apparently we didn't have to be there that early...we beat everyone...probably including Dave. So we went to a little coffee shop around the corner. Here's a funny bonus story...D ordered a latte. It was on the menu, but the guy behind the counter just didn't understand the term latte. I'm not sure what she exactly ended up with, but it was kind of funny. At least for me. Finally, people started milling around the set and we bumped into some really neat characters.

There was the guy that sets up the hot drink bar. He was nice...in a pushy kind of way...you need hot cider, you look like you could use some hot cider, come and get some hot cider. There were some people from Texas so we had a common connection. They were really sweet older women. And then there was Steve Cohen...the producer of the show. He came over and was over joyed to see people because he wasn't sure anyone would show with the strike and all. So, me being the people person that I am, started chatting him up about our trip and then I whipped out the sign. The sign that got us on TV. The sign that Steve just loved. The sign that got us inside the General Motors building between shots. The sign that got us on TV...did I mention that?

Okay, I realize that this probably isn't as exciting for you as it was for me (and because I know attention spans are probably short) I'll just wrap this up. We did get to see Dave Price. He did come over to our sign and talked to us. He did steal our marker too. But that's a little price to pay to have gotten to meet Dave Price. D might not think so...it was her marker. LOL. Anyway, I was on national TV and I'm still pretty excited by that!

1 comment:

mikster said...

Were you wearing pj's for this appearance?...lol....but seriously...pretty cool and sounds like quite a treat for ya.