Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Ordinary Days

Today was a wonderful day!
Nothing extraordinary happened...just a lot of good ordinary things.

I got to sleep late.
My dad offered to do the breakfast dishes.
My favorite song was on the radio so while I was getting dressed I got to dance around and pretend I was a rock star.
My fat jeans are officially too big.
I had lunch with a sweet friend.
I ran into my crush at the grocery store and he initiated the conversation.
I tried a new restaurant and the food was wonderful!
I spent a very pleasurable evening with that guy.

I think that sometimes I get way too caught up in looking for that extraordinary thing that defines my day. Today I just sat back and counted blessings. Tonight I am one happy girl and for today the ordinary (pause for dramatic effect) was extraordinary.

14 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

That's wonderful. I forget to appreciate the little things all too often...

mikster said...

I don't recall being in a grocery store....hmmmm....*snickers*

Sounds like ya had a good day though!

Tracy O'Brien said...

Don't you just love those days!! It's like walking on a cloud ; ) Lets hope it's contagious.. and that we all catch it!! Oh and congrats on losing the fat jeans.. that's such a boost to any girls confidence! Keep it up xx

mikster said...

Yeah...I'm pretty sure I saw ya in the produce aisle...you were wearing pj's.... of all things...*snickers*

PokerGodo said...

I will admit, it has been a while since I've read your blogs, and so I've been reading all day today to catch up on all your news!! I really enjoy your blogs and the comments. I will make a post today because "I've been tagged" and feel the need to continue the cycle. But I have to admit, one of the things that makes me laugh every time, is Mike's comments. I think you need to post pj pictures, or you'll never hear the end of it!!! Anyways, thank for the laughs!!!

mikster said...

See!?!...see!!....someone agrees with me!!.....lol

doodlebugmom said...

Congrats on your really nice day!

Linda :o)


p.s. Mike crack me up too!

Steff said...

Ladies...Don't encourage him!!!

mikster said...

Another one!!!!!....HA!!!!

mikster said...

Everyone in favor of seeing pj pics....raise your hand....um....steff?...you don't have to raise yours.....especially both of them....It was a favorable vote even without counting yours....*snickers*

PokerGodo said...

Sorry, Steff, didn't mean to encourage him or get everyone else going!!! But I'll let them in on a secret . . . I've seen her pj's!!!!

mikster said...

poker!!!!.....let's hear about it!!....heck....embellish a bit if ya want.....she really, really won't mind......*snickers*

(She is a good sport...or navigationally challenged.....because I'm still alive....lol)

Steff said...

Shari...YES she will!

Mike: I think you've embellished my pjs enough as it is.

mikster said...

Yanno....Occasionally when I can't think of anything to write I throw an e mail into my blog....You think I should do that with the e mail we've been passing back and forth the last few days?

*snickers*