Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Taking A Sick Day

When I was growing up, my mom would let me have "mental health" days off from school. She usually called the school and said I was "sick" but should be better tomorrow and return to school. It always sucked when she called me in sick and I actually was sick. I hate being sick (especially of the stomach sick variety) and I'm just as bad as a man...I whine and complain when I'm not conked out on the couch or in bed.

Well, today was one of those real sick days. I will not give out details, but lets just say that it wasn't pleasant...for anyone in my household. Thankfully, the stomach aspect has seemed to settle down to be replaced by acid reflux. I have GERD and this kind of thing always aggravates it. Anyway, I've progressed from water, to Sprite, and now to milk.

I did wake up from one of my many naps to tell my mom that my back and neck hurt and that I didn't feel well. She felt me (a running joke in my house as I was a slight hypocondriac when I was growing up) and I did indeed feel warm. So, in addition to a sore stomach, I seem to have flu symptoms. I haven't gotten brave enough to take the Advil because I absolutely do not want another "upset stomach" incident. But, my options are dwindling at a rapid pace.

So, for those few of you who stop by on a pretty regular basis, I haven't died...yet. Just a little under the weather. Hopefully, I'll be back to New York City stories and the everyday happenings of my life shortly.

7 comments:

mikster said...

Awwwww....feel better soon!

Tracy O'Brien said...

you poor thing there's nothing worse, I'm glad you have your Mum to look after you, hope you feel better real soon, take care of yourself k! oh and you know what they say.. feed a cold.. starve a flu.. so whichever it is.. work your magic! Goodnight pet xx

Steff said...

Mike and Baloobas: Thanks for the well wishes. Apparently I worked my magic because I'm feeling better this morning. I took that advil and did have another upset stomach incident, so I'm sore but at least my toast stayed put today. Thanks again!

doodlebugmom said...

Hope you are feeling better. Advil does that to my stomach when I am not sick!

My daughter has had a stomach bug for close to a week now, will be glad when she is feeling better,too.

Linda

tracie said...

Ick, I hate being sick. I hope you are feeling better soon.

have a great day
tracie

mikster said...

Are those pj's clean?....lol....hope you're feeling better!!

Leesa said...

Your Mom sounds really cool!