Monday, January 16, 2006

That Dreaded 1%

I love my job...99% of the time. I work at the local scrapbook store so it's pretty close to heaven being around all those products and getting all kinds of ideas. I'm a friendly kind of gal so I'm on a first name basis with most of the customers too. I like all these things about my job. But, alas, there is one thing that I can't stand.

I HATE to clean the classroom!

Cleaning the classroom involves sweeping this big room. Then I have to mop to get the gunk off the floor. I have to scrape glue spots off the tables and wipe them down. I have to dust all the machines. The fridge must be cleaned too. And all of this seems to need to be done every single day I'm there.

I usually keep my inner groaning and moaning to myself, but Friday a little barb slipped out and unfortunately my boss heard me. Thankfully, she's pretty laid back so she just laughed and assured me that the other part time girl is getting her fair share of cleaning the classroom too. Either way, I still HATE it.

A friend sent the following email to me the day after my classroom cleaning rant so I felt marginally better about the whole thing. But I bet you ten dollars that I have to clean the classroom today....grrrr.

We all have moments when......

I HATE MY JOB


When you have an "I Hate My Job" day, try this. On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy and go to the thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson. Be very sure you get this brand.

When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed. Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair. Open the package and removed the thermometer.

Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken. Now the fun part begins.

Take out the literature and read it carefully. You will notice that in small print there is a statement, "Every Rectal Thermometer made by Johnson& Johnson is "personally tested". Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, "I am so glad I do not work in the Thermometer quality control at Johnson & Johnson."


HAVE A NICE DAY AND REMEMBER, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS MORE OF A PAIN IN THE ASS THAN YOURS.

5 comments:

mikster said...

lol.....how true....and hey...If you have some free time I could use a good housekeeper myself. I promise there is no glue scraping required...hopefully no scraping of any kind now that I think of it.

Tracy O'Brien said...

I think that everyone hates some part of their work, just be grateful I guess that it's only 1% and that you like the rest! I know some people who hate their jobs, but can't change. A horrible situation to be stuck in!

Steff said...

Mike: I barely manage to keep my own space clean so I'd probably suck at keeping your place clean...scraping or no. I'm just saving you the stress and me the tears when you'd eventually have to fire me. Though any news on the TV watching gig? LOL

Baloobas: Yes, I've been pretty blessed to have had jobs that I enjoyed and didn't want to murder my boss!

mikster said...

Totally off topic...but I'm still waiting on pj pics....lol

tracie said...

I am a scrapper and I hate the cleaning of the table and trying to pick up each corner cut off photos off the floor. It totally sux. but on the other hand you like 99.9 percent of your job.

I work at the spca so everyday includes cleaning up dog and cat shit.

have a great day
tracie