Saturday, April 29, 2006

Jamie

These layouts were inspired by Jamie's garden. Unfortunately, these pictures DO NOT do justice to these pages. They are absolutely beautiful in person.
The title of this page is "and there HE gives me sweet PEACE" The secondary title of this layout is directly above the ribbon flowers in the bottom left hand corner and says "Jamie's Garden".
The journaling says: A few weeks ago I was very stressed out and my friend Jamie sent me some pictures from her garden. I always feel peaceful when I look at flowers. They remind me that God will always provide for me and my needs. They do bring me sweet peace!

I've never been to Jamie's garden, but I would bet that it is a very beautiful and peaceful place. If you've never been over to her blog, I'd encourage you to stop by and scroll through a few of her past posts and see some of her flower/garden pictures. The colors are so vivid you'd swear you could stroke the petals and smell their pleasing fragrance. It isn't just Jamie's garden and flowers that warm my heart, but all gardens. Unfortunately for me, and the long line of flowers I've killed trying to disprove my point, I have a brown thumb. I can kill silk flowers. But, I have a high respect for those people that seem to touch the ground and beautiful things begin to grow. Perhaps if your soul is restless today you can stop by Jamie's, Bethany's, or Linda's blog and simply be still and find peace through their amazing garden pictures.

10 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

I wish I had more time to scrapbook... it too brings peace (and reminds you of how cool, fun, exciting, fortunate, etc. your life really is, you know?)

(p.s. did you use the d-word on my blog??? That's new!! you MUST have been tipsy!)

Steff said...

Rachael: I've always said that scrapbooking is my favorite hobby because it reflects so much of who I am in the pages of my album. Perhaps when you're settled again you'll find the time...it does take a lot. And yeah...I said the d word. I'm not as innocent as I might look.

Jamie: I know what you mean! I love all the primroses that are blooming in the barditches along the roads. They are so beautiful!

Beth said...

Cool layout!I really love the way you put/attached the paper flowers on the bottom of the one page! I love flowers too!

mikster said...

Our lil steffy said the "D" word....where's the soap!?!

Steff said...

Beth: Thanks! I learned that trick from another scrapbooker. It's just a piece of ribbon, a brad, and a paper flower. You should throw up some of your layouts from time to time!!!

Mike: It's probably not the D word you're thinking. And this "little Steffy" has been saying soap worthy words for a while now...not a kid anymore so it's okay to do that.

mikster said...

Aw snookums...I know you're all grown up...I just love busting on ya.

Steff said...

Mike: Well the busting has been rather tame (and kind of fatherish) lately. Hopefully it's just the whole work thing and not anything else. I'd hate to bar you from the blog until you've returned to your "old" snickery self...lol.

mikster said...

I'm turning over a new leaf and giving off the "fatherish" persona is a good start...dontcha think?

*snickers*

Now have you brushed your teeth every night before going to bed?

Steff said...

Mike: What?! You're supposed to brush twice a day??

You know...this gives a whole new meaning to the term "who's your daddy?"

*snickers*

Anonymous said...

Steffany, I'm getting caught up on blogs, now that I'm back in the country. ;) Thanks for the mention. Those are lovely scrapbooking pages.