Monday, June 05, 2006

Food...Fun...Sun

Someone recently pointed out that my blog has been lacking recently. Mostly lacking new posts I believe was what was trying to be conveyed. So, to appease all my fans (look at how I implied that I have a lot of them...lol) I've decided to share a few things about my day. Please...contain your excitement. Excitement is hard to clean off the computer.

Perhaps you were wondering about the title of this post. Well, these words sum up today's activities.
Food: I tried a new recipe that is absolutely wonderful!!!!
Fun: BUNKO night...Mexican style.
Sun: I bought a new swimsuit!

Sit back and enjoy!

Ah, the start of summer. Most people have some sort of routine they go through when summer hits. Some take heavy winter coats and sweaters out of the closet. Some take the chains off their tires. Or, if you're from Texas, you simply put the short sleeve shirts in the back of the closet and pull the sleeveless ones to the front. Well, anyway, my summer routine always starts with a new swimsuit. A huge pool of barely chilled water is one of the only ways to stay cool during a Texas summer. And being that I'm a slightly shallow chick, I like to have a new and pretty suit to show off at the pool. Luck was with me today, because my mom mentioned this morning that Kmart had swimsuits on sale for 40% off. (Now I know at least one of you is trying to decide which 40% of my swimsuit that I'm leaving off but try and stay on track here...) So, I decided to go by and see if there was anything I liked. Normally trying on lycra in a tiny fitting room isn't fun. Well, it's really not fun when it's 500 degrees outside and it's the hottest part of the afternoon. I walked in with four suits to try on and wouldn't you know the one that I fell in love with was the last one I tried on? By that point, everything that could stick to anything on my body was. And of course I was having to try on these suits with my undies still on so it was like added layers...icky hotness. But, I put on the final suit (a sweet little tankini number that is light blue, sea green, and white...just adorable and the fit is flattering) and said great...I'm taking this one....assuming I can peel it from my body and get it back on the hanger. Long and hot story short...I got my suit for $25. Not bad.

Tonight was my monthly bunko night. I love bunko...or maybe I just love the girls that I play bunko with! Either way, I always have a blast and tonight was no exception. Tonight was my night to hostess so I got to pick the main dish. I love throwing themed parties so we went with Fiesta! tonight. I choose to bring enchiladas as the main dish. I had planned to just stop by my favorite Mexican restaurant and pick them up, but at the last minute I decided to try my hand at a new recipe. I must say that I was very surprised that they came out so good! I love to cook and putter around in the kitchen. Just not everything I makes comes out...well edible. For instance, when I was in college I tried to pan fry breaded porkchops. You can't pan fry anything breaded. My roommate wasn't too keen on the smoke detectors going off. Anyway, I tried my hand at sour cream and chicken enchiladas and I think they came out great. So I can fake it when I have to!

And speaking of bunko...I got the most bunkos so I got to go second in picking the prizes. I got these really neat girl themed brads...love them! Sophia (my CofM&N girl) is the hostess next month. Can't wait to see what fun we have then!

So, there you have it folks. I had a good day. I think tomorrow I'm regulated to helping clean my parents' bedroom from top to bottom. I hate housework, but I'd do just about anything to earn a few extra dollars before my trip this weekend. Now...off to read!

8 comments:

mikster said...

What the hell is bunko? I dunno...sounds kinky to me.

*snickers*

WordBearer said...

What the hell is Bunko?

Glad to hear you got a new suit. I do not go near the water. For a pasty white guy like me the sun is public enemy number one. I hope you have fun lounging by the pool.

The enchiladas sound good. I grilled some redfish the other day and it came out really well. I will make some heavy girl an excellent husband some day.

Steff said...

Mike: Hmmm I could tell you, but I think I'll just say that I had three of them tonight.

*snickers*

Wordbearer: Bunko is a dice game. I know you'll be thrilled to know that I play it with those "scrapbooking" women! Maybe a little sun will attract some female attention. :)

mikster said...

Well...you must be exhausted then...you better get to bed lil missy and get some rest.

*guffaw*

mikster said...

Um...just kinda wondering...do your parents provide a french maid outfit when ya clean for them?

Steff said...

Mike: No french maid outfit...sorry to ruin that fantasy for you! And I don't clean for them...I clean with them because I'm part of the family...lol.

*snickers*

mikster said...

Well hopefully at the very least...you get a happy meal for helping them out...just saying.

Steff said...

Mike: Happy Meal...I wonder where that came from? LOL