Friday, August 25, 2006

Chalk It Up To Peer Pressure

I'm stupid. No...don't try and make me feel better. Just listen to what I signed myself up for at work. I'm in charge of the yearbook. Okay...I'm co-in charge of the yearbook. A (another first year teacher) and myself were sitting in our team meeting the other day and on the agenda were groups that needed a sponsor. A thought yearbook sounded fun. I thought student council would be fun. At this point I just thought that they were looking for some teachers to help out. Little did we know that they were looking for teachers to head up these projects.

Well, A mentioned that she really wanted to work on yearbook. Our mentor teacher (who is usually so helpful) said that it would be great for two friends to co-head together. We were so wrapped up in our new teacher happy feelings that we just agreed that we'd do it. A has a photography degree and I'm an avid scrapbooker so what two better people to head up yearbook? Again...I'm stupid.

After the initial high wore off, A and I looked at each other and said..."What did we just agree to do?" Yeah that's right...we've agree to be the solely responsible for the school yearbook. Pause while I laugh hysterically. Okay..done.

So, bottom line is that in addition to all the first year struggles and responsibilities we've gladly taken on yearbook.

Yeah...this year is going to be fun.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Steffany, you know you are the absolute best, nay the ONLY person for the job. Have these people seen your scrapbooks. If they have then I'm sure that is what gave them the idea in the first place. I'm sure you and A will cope gracefully and produce the best yearbook the school has EVER seen. :) Goodluck.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add, you'll also make LOTS of lists. :D

mikster said...

Well...okay...I'll put away your french maid outfit and do the housekeeping around here myself I guess. I wouldn't want to see the 'lil princess over worked.

*snickers*

oh....

and btw....

do you still want that code installed?

You do have my number yanno.

Steff said...

Christian: Thank you for the sweet words. I hope Vegas is treating you right!!!

Bethany: I do like to make lists :) I'm sure that we'll make lists and work together and it'll be great!

Mike: Really...you're going to give my few readers the wrong impression!!!!

mikster said...

Wrong impression? Lemme clear that up then.

Yes, she doesn't mind cleaning...as long as she wears that outfit.

Hopefully now all will understand that you're a neat and orderly person.

*snickers*

KWR said...

Hey Steff,

It's been awhile. I saw your post over at Ring of Gyges and thought I'd take a look see. How are you doing? With a yearbook committee under you tutalige (sp?) this could be busy and fun. Just remember to make the students do the work.

Your mentor teacher, you know the one who is usually so helpful, saw an opportunity so that she (or he) wouldn't get stuck with it. :-) Have fun with it.

Hey I started my own blog, Gulf Coast Hurricane Tracker, watching out for hurricanes heading to Houston and talking about global warming and energy and weatehr stuff. Come visit if you get a chance.

http://gulf-coast-hurricanes.blogspot.com/

Steff said...

Mike: Thank you...I think you've really cleared things up for people. Just don't go telling people how you know so much about what I wear when I clean.

*snickers*

Veritas: I have been keeping one eye on the Weather Channel now that I live considerably closer to the coast. Stop back by Tuesday...I'm working on a Katrina post. You might find it interesting.

KWR said...

Steff, I am working on a Katrina analysis also, maybe we can link to each other.