Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Oh it's good to be back! I can't believe how much I actually missed blogging. And while I was in the process of moving, I missed my first anniversary of blogging. Last late July, I began blogging after a couple of friends kept talking about all the fun they had with theirs. It doesn't seem like one year has passed...time keeps getting away from me these days. Anyway, happy (late) anniversary to me!

Now down to the dirt...moving is HARD work people! And I'm fairly new in the world so I can only imagine what it would be like to move if you'd had time to accumulate a bunch of stuff. And while I'm on this subject I just want to give a lot of mention to my parents. There is NO WAY that I could have done this on my own. Also, a lot of thanks and love to A for coming and helping to unload and paint my wall. My living room looks spectacular thanks to this chick!! So, for all you that helped me....THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

A few people have asked that I post pictures and I will (as soon as my digital camera computer stuff arrive....a casualty of moving...left stuff) as soon as I can.

I'm sure that I had a typical move in experience. It poured the day we arrived so we couldn't unload the U-Haul. My parents stayed on the air bed and A and I took off for a hotel room. Monday morning we got started bright and early (9am is early right?) and thankfully got things unloaded without any problems. I did discover or rather it was brought to my attention that I have a lot of stuff...even for a person just starting out. The living room accent wall was painted (we were all over Extreme Home Makeover!) and I got the kitchen mostly unpacked. And at some point that day we discovered that I had no hot water. Par for the course I was assured.

Tuesday we went grocery shopping and again got to unload in the rain. I've been told that it doesn't normally rain this much but I'm beginning to doubt this theory. I think that day we had plumbers, telephone people (yeah...when the new carpet was put in the wires to the jacks were cut), and the handyman over to work on something or other.

Wednesday through Sunday was an endless time of unpacking and hanging stuff up or putting it in it's right place. And there were a good deal of "projects" that my dad worked on with tools. I even discovered that I like electric drills and screwdrivers. Those things are fun to use...I even asked for an electric screwdriver for my birthday.

Anyway, there are so many details that I couldn't tell them all (but I will give the highlights because I'm planning on posting room pictures with the highlights of that room included) and honestly I'm afraid I'd lose my audience.

So, I do have about four boxes left to unpack and did I mention that school starts in 8 days? I'm just a busy gal these days! But I did want to take time to get a post up and spend a few minutes catching up on other blogs. Thanks for all the well wishes that were sent my way. I appreciated them!

8 comments:

Tracy O'Brien said...

Delighted that you are settling in, it's a bit nerve-wrecking at the early stagees, but just you wait until everything is sorted.. you'll be a happy bunny yet ;)School in only 8 days!! That is really soon, best of luck with the kids and I'm confident you'll fit right in. It all sounds so exciting, I hope you are happy xx

mikster said...

Welcome back. Was hoping the move went okay.

Staci said...

Glad to see you are up to posting agian!! Sounds like everything is falling into place for you! WTG Girl!!

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

go for a drill... all the handiness of a screwdriver, but with more power (I suddenly feel like Tim Allen!) I think blak and decker makes a set, that gives you a drill and an electric scewdriver... since there handy for light-duty work.

Glad you're moved... yes, moving does suck, but as soon as you're done unpaking you an start exploring your new environs and making this town your own.

mikster said...

When are you going to post again? Did this move kick your ass or something?

*snickers*

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! High school class rank scholarship Audi wide body kit Drug ultram diet pill driveway sensor car navigation systems tips Dryer exhaust line Canada tankless water heaters olympic spiked running shoe specifications

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! dane techniczne alfa romeo 146 18ts jordan employment attorneys Mp3 players bigw comparison cooler cpu http://www.spyware8.info