Monday, September 11, 2006

Hittin' The Highways

Oh my little blog...kiss kiss...I've missed you! Have you been okay by yourself these last several days...smother smother...it's okay...mommy's back now.

Ahem...sorry. I didn't realize I had an audience. What...like you aren't attached to your blog?

The last few weekends I've been off gallivanting around central Texas. Labor Day weekend I went to visit my family (the first since school started...it had been about a month since I'd seen my parents) and this past weekend I went to Schlitterbahn with friends.

These aren't really big things unless you knew me really well. I had to drive to these places...on roads I've never traveled before....with my total lack of map skills. I've seen more new places on the roads than I ever thought. And guess what...I didn't get lost!!! Okay there was a little moment that I thought I'd gotten off course but I managed to get back on track without much backtracking.

Anyway, a few of the really neat things I've seen was the birthplace of Texas (Washington on the Brazos), Mustang Ridge (a really neat small town where there were horse farms on each side of the road), and a little store called Weird Stuff (outside of Anderson, TX). All this traveling time has really gotten my travel bug all worked up. I wonder where I'll travel next?

Now, for Schlitterbahn report. I had a blast with my friends. With our group it's hard to not have a fun time together. And that is a good thing because all the water levels were LOW at the water park and in the Comal river. Did you know that it is not easy to float in only a foot of water? I've got the scrapes on my elbow to prove it. So, the park experience wasn't all that, but the time spent with friends was wonderful. Can't wait for next year!!

Now, if you'll excuse me...I have to go and pick out something suitable to wear for picture day.

4 comments:

mikster said...

So in other words this is just a cover for all the time you spent in the store called Weird Stuff?

I am now expecting a gift.

Anonymous said...

You went to Schlitterbahn without inviting me??? How rude.

Love ya hon (and miss you too)

Steff said...

Mike: I need your address...I have to know where to send this gem. Though you do remember how my last blogger gift turned out!

*snickers*

Amanda: It cost $100 for two days...I was only thinking of your budget. It wasn't all that fun because the water was LOW...really LOW. Hope school is going well! Love you too.

Sophia said...

Glad to have you back but keep those things in your bedroom please.
Glad you traveled so much and didn't even call when you were around. I know where I stand now *sniff sniff*
Glad you didn't get lost maybe we can take a road trip some day