Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's That Time Again....

It's almost that time again! My birthday!!! (It's Saturday for all of you getting your cards and presents together.)

(Just kidding...my mother would die if she read that!)

Anyway, I'm going to be a quarter century old. How cool is that? Sure, 25 is just another number but I'm pretty excited about this new year about to begin. Maybe because it's part of my first year of brand new firsts. Maybe I just like the idea of being a quarter of a century old.

In case you couldn't guess, I'm not one of those women who hide their age or birthday from the world. I know some women do that but why? I mean...the more birthdays you have then the longer you live. And I just plain like living!

My parents are coming for my birthday (well there is this huge arts and crafts fair but they swear it's to celebrate the day of my birth) and I'm very excited about that. I haven't seen my parents since July 30 so it's been a long stretch. Being an only child, I've always been close to my parents. While I've met a lot of great people down here, I really miss my family.

I'm sure there will be more to come about the birthday and visit but I leave you with this Martha Stewartish question:

Is it wrong to tell a person that you didn't know what to get her so you got her nothing except the card in her hand?

Yeah...I'll probably owe her big time at Christmas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your birthday week pumpkin. And say hi to the parents...and possibly thank them for making this happen huh?

(You don't have to dwell on the actual act though.)

*snickers*

Edtime Stories said...

Well thank you for letting us know your birthday...pondering what you might need, want, desire.

Steff said...

Mike: Oh...why did you say that? You are so dang thoughtful.

*snickers*

Ed: Oh I'm easy to please :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Steff, and many, many more!

Fin

Deb said...

Hey! Enjoy your birthday! 25 is the BEST age to be! I had the best time when I was 25 yrs old. Now that I'm 31...it's getting even better. Look forward to your thirties... don't let it scare ya!

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Sophia said...

I am glad that you got to see your parents for your birthday.