Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sensitive Little Thing

I'm never going to burn down my house. Well...I should say that I'm never going to burn down my house without knowing it. I won't because I have the most sensitive little smoke detector ever!

Now, most of you have read my tales of cooking. I'm not really great at it even though I really like cooking. I'm used to a few curls of smoke and maybe a few scraping off a few patches of burnt, but I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen.

Until lately.

Oh I still like the idea of cooking, but a few things have put a damper on it for me. One...the vent fan thingy above the oven went out. Some might argue it wore itself out sucking all that smoke out of the air. Anyway, it's out of commission. I still open it but the suckage isn't there so it doesn't really provide the desired result. Two...did I mention these really sensitive smoke detectors that I have? They go off all the time. They go off when the food is just done...not burned...just done. I'm waiting of the day when they go off when I pour milk on my cheerios. Three...I hate electric stoves. I can never get the tempature right. I'm sure that contributes to the burnt factor. I usually get things too hot.

Anyway, I'm going to try the toaster oven...can't really burn stuff up in there...can you? So, if you see a big cloud of black down in the south don't panic. It's probably not a wild fire or anything like that. I'm probably just trying my hand at cooking!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...I would have to agree when the suckage isn't there the desired result may be in jeopardy.

*snickers*

~art said...

so what are you cooking us tonight?

Steff said...

Mike: Glad to see you're back to your snickery self. Yeah, it's too bad when that suckage thing doesn't work out right.

Art: Well tonight pancakes were on the menu but chicken usually causes a little smoke too.

Anonymous said...

You know I've always burned down My house a gazillion times. In fact I was telling a story last night about how one time at a get together at my house one of the guests came in and said, "Bethany I think your kitchen is on fire." And, you know what something in my kitchenb was on fire. =)

Sophia said...

Steff I knew you were a girl after my own heart. I have burned a pan or two...okay more like 5 or 6. But I was just learning those days. Okay it was more recently but I have gotten better. And atleast we can blame the stove. I think electric suck!!!! and it took me forever to get it right when we lived in an apartment. Now I have good old gas and I don't burn things as much. So you just keep on cooking and just open up some windows.