Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving dinner was good...great actually.

Family time was good...great actually.

This year our family has had a lot of losses and we might even look back and say that this year was one of the hardest ones we've seen in a while. This Thanksgiving I don't want to lose sight of the fact that while this year has brought it's own share of heartaches this has been a good year...a great year actually.

I don't want to lose sight of the great blessings that came my way this year because I focus on the bad things that came along too. Those things are big, hard, personal, but I can't forget the good things too.

It seems to be a thin line and some days I stray to the negative but most days...I'm grateful for the blessings. That is what Thanksgiving is all about right? Remembering everything and being grateful for it all.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I totally hear ya on this post. I've been dwelling on the negatives lately too. When we stop to think what we have, it makes it better. I hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving!

Steff said...

Deb: I had a great Thanksgiving! And you're right...it always makes things seem better when we stop to think about the good things we have rather than dwelling on the negative.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Thanksgiving was good to ya.