Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Holiday Madness Is Here!!!!

Life is good today! It's crisp and cool outside. The leaves around me are turning and falling to the ground. They aren't as colorful as I've seen before, but I still enjoy the sight. But most of all...it's the beginning of my favorite holiday season. Christmas is my favorite holiday, but I love the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday combo. I've already seen commercials on tv getting everyone in the holiday mood. It's here...the craziness that comes from getting started on shopping, the parties being planned, a turkey to buy (or shoot if you're into that), the family time, and of course the food. This is the one time of the year that I don't fret about losing pounds but just maintaining the ones I have...lol.

The school district where I work is out for the entire week of Thanksgiving so that means I get to head home when school lets out that Friday. I'm so excited! I haven't been home since I moved (July) and I'm curious to see how things have changed...if they've changed. I'm counting down the days...only 14 left to go. That's two weeks!!!

I love this time of year because for me it's all about family. I love getting together with my family (every last nutty one) and celebrating what is truly important to us. This year is going to be different because both of my great grandmothers have passed away this Fall. These passings have really made me realize just how precious my time with family is. Especially now that I live so far away and don't see them as often. I truly have many blessings which to be thankful for and this year I'll be doing an extra close counting of them.

Anyway, I hope that the joy that comes with the holidays starts to uncurl in you and that you enjoy every moment of it!

Below is just a Thanksgiving funny.

Things you can only say at Thanksgiving

1. Talk about huge breasts!
2. Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.
3. It's Cool Whip time!
4. If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst!
5. Whew, that's a terrific spread!
6. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.
7. Are you ready for seconds yet?
8. It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it?
9. Just wait your turn, you'll get some!
10. Don't play with your meat.
11. Just spread the legs open and stuff it in.
12. Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once?
13. I didn't expect everyone to come at once!
14. You still have a little bit on your chin.
15. How long will it take after you stick it in?
16. You'll know it's ready when it pops up.
17. Wow, I didn't think I could handle all of that!
18. That's the biggest one I've ever seen!
19. How long do I beat it before it's ready?

3 comments:

~art said...

Rofl. Ok your Thanksgiving list was great! Thanks for stopping by, come back anytime. It is sad how we take a lot for granted till we lose something important. Enjoy the time with your family. peace~art

Christina_the_wench said...

I am letting out my jeans and wiping off the credit card as we speak.

Sophia said...

I can't wait to see you we will need to have a girls night out (wink wink and do some shopping) when you get here. I too love the holidays and am getting ready for them