Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Naughty or Nice

It's that time of year!!!! You know...when all your niceness has to balance out your naughtiness.

I love it. Yesterday, I was coming home from a long day in the school yard and I actually managed to hear Christmas carols (though really...is Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck Christmas actually considered a carol?) all the way home. There was a little nip in the air. I swear...I smelled Christmas. (I smell a lot of stuff...snow, rain, Christmas...just saying I've got a good sniffer.)

I haven't put up the tree yet (you wouldn't believe all the laundry that accumulates on a 10 day trip away from home!) because I'm still putting everything back in it's place. Anyway, it's on the list for Saturday. I've set out my ornaments all over the coffee table...I'm so ready!

Anyway, to help everyone get in the mood I'm posting a little holiday questionnaire that I stole from my friend D. She never reads this blog (a mark in the naughty column for her!) so I didn't figure she'd care.

Just for kicks...if you wander by and are in the holiday spirit choose a number and leave your answer in the comment box!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Hot Chocolate.... with lots of marshmallows!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?He wraps those babies!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?multi-colored lights on the tree
4. Do you hang mistletoe?oh yeah...any reason to kiss
5. When do you put your decorations up?Right after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?hmm that's hard. We don't have a 'set' meal for Christmas. I'll say my Mimi's meatballs and mushroom gravy.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Our whole family went to Colorado for Christmas one year. The house was huge (or maybe it was because I was little) but the pipes burst so we stayed at these little cabins. It was the BEST Christmas EVER! I got my mom's Barbies that year. I'll never forget that trip :)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean "truth" about Santa???
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I'd love to, but my mom says NO
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?Old sentimental ornaments that have been collected through the years. I also get a new ornament each year.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT....
12. Can you ice skate? No...weak ankle
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?Yeah...but there are so many. I got a Lite Brite one year...if the picture is anything to go by I LOVED that gift. As crazy as this sounds one of my favorite gifts is the pair of pajamas (be quiet Mike!) that I get every year. I always know it's going to be there. It's comforting!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with the people I love!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?white chocolate covered pretzels!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?Counting down the days till Christmas on the advent calendar
17. What tops your tree? A star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? We're talking about presents right? ;) I love to give. Ah who am I kidding...I love to receive just as must as I love to give!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?Away In A Manger
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yum!

5 comments:

Edtime Stories said...

Happy Holiday Season

Steff said...

Ed: Thanks! It is my favorite :)

Sophia said...

Love the questioner. I think we just might think alike. I agree with most of your answers. Scarey how great minds think alike.
Glad you had a safe trip

Steff said...

Sophie: I'm so sorry I missed you while was in town! I'll be in for a few days longer the next trip...maybe we could do lunch or dinner then? Miss ya!

mikster said...

I just knew pj's were a favorite gift!

*snickers*