Wednesday, January 03, 2007

And The Quote Goes To...

At first, I was really leery updating to the new beta thingy. I'm not really great with technology. Actually I'm really bad at it, but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this new beta blogger thing was to use. On the down side, a lot of people have told me that they can't leave comments. I'm stumped as to what is the cause, but I do appreciate the effort of trying to comment. Like that goofy little picture says...they make me happy!

Well, I put it to use tonight and added a new spot on my side bar. I thought about calling it Quote of the Day, but even I know when I'm being overly ambitious! So, I settled on once a week.

I love quotes! I love how one sentence or sometimes even one word makes its way down through history. I wonder if the speaker even knew what kind of power his or her words would hold. I think it's amazing how a statement can have so many meanings for so many people. I wouldn't consider myself a writer or someone that makes profound statements, but I have to admit to wishing that somewhere down the line my name would be attached to a quote that truly speaks to someone.

Until that day, I like this new addition to my blog. I like sharing a little quote that I've taken and found a way to apply to my life. And if you've got a favorite quote please share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree with your desire to say something worthwhile. Being original is so very difficult isn't it? Enjoy visiting and appreciate your comments. Hope all is well with you. Gulping2 from Journal Space, aka: Harry or HT

Valerie said...

oh yeah...my favorite: Don't worry about the world coming to an end, it's already tomorrow in Australia.
-Charles M. Schultz

and i love the new Beta version, too...but i also have the same problem with some people not able to comment...so frustrating!