Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Garden Party Shoes

Today I wore my garden party shoes.

I really love those shoes. They are so totally unlike me. Normally, I wear sensible shoes. I have my fair share of stylish shoes, but a lot are sensible and comfortable. But these shoes are different. I bought them on a spur of the moment shopping trip. They are high heeled wedges...a yummy chocolate color...and the best part...the sexy part...is that they have ribbon straps that wrap around my ankles. My toes are covered and my heel, but otherwise these shoes leave my foot in the open.

I feel so free with those shoes on. I know that sounds crazy, but I feel confident in those shoes. They make me taller and look good on my feet. I always get compliments on them (three today!) so they are a confidence booster. Men might not understand, but a woman can certainly relate to that pair of shoes. We've all got them.

So, I wore them today...my garden party shoes. They aren't exactly classroom friendly and I've got the blister to prove it, but boy did I have a great day today. And while I'm not saying it was completely due to my shoes...they didn't hurt!

5 comments:

Deb said...

If it makes you feel good- then wear em'. But if the bunions start yelling bloody murder...protect the dogs and get a comfy shoe.

Garden and party are not to be used in the same sentence! ;)

Valerie said...

i wanna see pictures!

Edtime Stories said...

Your right, I don't understand.
:)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about "that" pair of shoes, the one everyone notices. I don't have garden party shoes but I have a pair that apparently makes my feet look small. Everyone seems to notice them. LOL

Trina said...

I completely GET the shoe thing! There is something about them for sure. Im 5'10" but I love to wear high heels, but I dont because I know I tower over most guys...*sigh* But when I do I feel so pretty...isnt that weird?