Tuesday, January 16, 2007

An Ice Day

***Update: More sleet and freezing temps so tomorrow is another free day from school. Usually I'm all over getting a mini vacation, but frankly I'm bored at home. Someone mentioned today that she'd noticed I'd been all over the internet, to which I replied that sort of creeped me out. How do people track your internet moves? Anyway, since I'm going to be at home again tomorrow those of you with trackers and eyes everywhere...I'll be out wandering. I can only watch so much tv. Gasp...I know! That came out of my mouth! Any suggestions on how best to fill my time?




It's an Ice Day!!!
You know how most schools get out for a snow day? Well, it is not snow, but it is as close as I'll probably get...it's ice! And we're off.
I stepped out this morning (seriously under-dressed for the occasion...note to self...pajamas and thin socks are not enough when braving temps below freezing) and snapped a few pictures. Apparently, this is not normal weather for this part of Texas so I wanted to capture it. And of course, I'm already seeing scrapbook pages in my head.
So, enjoy my porch...all covered in ice!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

in austin we not only got ice....but SNOW!!! I have pics I'll have to send to you at some point....

Love ya hon!!

Anthony said...

We haven't quite gotten the ice yet in Louisiana, but its getting close...

Anthony
Journey Through Divorce

Anonymous said...

I'd wondered why you were all over the internet today. =) YEA, ice day.

Steff said...

Amanda: Aww...you suck! I want snow. It's still up in the air as to whether we'll have school tomorrow. It's 30 and little sleets are hitting the house...easy guess is what I'd say. Anyway, I can't wait to see your pictures! And I got the buggy and snorkle combo reserved for us :)

Anthony: Bundle up...that's all I can say! Also, I saw the changes over on your blog. Take comfort in knowing that you and the situation are in God's hands...the safest place to be.

Bethany: It's kind of weird that you know where all I've been! But yes, going on my second day at home I'm beginning to get bored so I did a lot of roaming today. More people should e-mail or blog during the day...make life interesting for us stuck at home...lol.

Edtime Stories said...

looks like fun

~art said...

Ice sucks. If it's going to be freezing out you should at least be rewarded with snow and then only if you get the day off to ski, snowboard or snowmobile around. since you do have a day off why not go take a walk around downtown or check out a local musuem, maybe visit a friend you've been meaning to see. peace~art

Steff said...

Ed: It would be more fun would be snow!

Art: Yeah...no snow. But, I also live several miles from downtown and everything (streets included) is covered in ice. I think I will get out this afternoon and walk around my place. All the trees are bent over!