Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm Such A Scraplifter

One of my resolutions this year was to scrapbook something every month. I was starting to think that this would be the first resolution to be broken! But, after getting a little inspiration from Valerie (I loved the stacking pictures!) I decided that now was as good a time as any to get something done.

Now, this could perhaps be considered cheating, but I found a layout that had been started a while ago, and just needed the pictures put down and the journaling written. These are some pictures from my New York City trip and the Staten Island/Statue of Liberty experience. It felt good to be looking at photos and scrapbook elements. I love the final look of this layout!

These pictures really don't do justice to it, but I'm having a little trouble getting my camera to focus and figuring out how to get the lighting right. Everything is so dark. Anyway, at least it'll look good in the album.

Thanks for the inspiration Valerie! I'm the one in the purple cap...I don't know if you can see me since the pictures turned out dark. The other chick is one of my best buds, Deniece.



3 comments:

Valerie said...

totally cute!! loving the red & blue, and i don't think you "scraplifted," (to quote Paula) you made it your own!! nice job!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Steff, love the LO!

Trina said...

I love the overlapping look! Way to go! I scrapbook a little, but honestly I mostly just buy paper and put it in a box for that special day. You know the one that never comes...hehehe