Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Little Bit Nasty, A Little Bit Nice

I'm in a love...often hate relationship with Wal-Mart. Yeah...today was my weekly venture out to get a few necessities. Who says ice cream isn't a necessity...stop judging me! Anyway, does anyone else feel that the customer service during check out has gone down the toilet? Ugh...I always dread checking out there. The last few times, the experience has left me seething. Last time, for instance, the lady talked non-stop about her boyfriend and how he's a lazy S.O.B. because he wouldn't take her mom to the eye doctor. I must have had a look that said...I care. I've tried to work on that. So, while she's rambling on about her boyfriend she rings up my shampoo three times! I had to go and stand in another line at customer service to get my money back! Oh, and the rub...she didn't put the bags in the basket.

Today, the lady didn't speak to me at all, but she did throw two cans of soup in on top of my grapes. When she spun the rack around and I reached in to put the soup into another sack, she huffed because I was stopping the rack from turning. Oh, and she didn't put the bags in the basket either. What the heck is up with that? Isn't it part of the job that you ring stuff up, put it in a sack, and then put that sack in the basket?

So, I hate the customer service but I love being able to get everything I could possibly need in one stop. What's a girl to do...besides rant in her blog?

On an up note, the ice finally melted! I went to school Thursday morning with all the trees in my front yard practically bent in half. When I came home...they were all standing up tall again! It's nice to be able to get off my porch on my feet rather than my bottom. Don't ask...

Also, while at the-place-that-shall-not-be-mentioned I found some great cards! Mostly Valentine's Day and a birthday one for my mom. I love cards and I'm positive that those who will be getting these cards will enjoy them too. And I had a little mailbox love myself today...thanks Mama! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

WordBearer said...

I'm not sure how they do it in your neck of the woods, but they have self-checkout stations at my Wal-Mart. I never go to a real cashier.

Edtime Stories said...

I hate going to walmart and the customer NOservice.

Mailbox love?

Steff said...

WB: I do that if I only have a few things, and I had a couple of gift cards to use so I thought it would be faster.

Ed: Mailbox love...my mama sent me a card. ;)

Valerie said...

oh yeah. my favorite for STELLAR customer service is Michael's...i LOVE how not a one of them knows what's in the store..or where...and can barely be bothered to acknowledge you.
and yet i go back.
i must be a glutton for pain.
(p.s. - thanks for adding me to your People i Read list!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steff here's one for you,
Subject: The Purina Diet

I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina, for my dog, and was in line to check out.
A woman behind me asked if I had a dog........ Duh!
I was feeling crabby so on impulse, I told her no, I was starting "The Purina Diet" again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time,
But that I'd lost 50 pounds before I woke up in an intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV's in both arms.
Her eyes about bugged out of her head.
I went on and on with the bogus diet story and she was totally buying it. I told her that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.

The package said the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.
I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall guy behind her.

Horrified, she asked if something in the dog food had poisoned me and was that why I ended up in the hospital.
I said, "No.....I'd been sitting in the street licking my butt when a car hit me.
I thought the tall guy was going to have to be carried out the door."

Trina said...

I love walmart, or is it that I just NEED it. Love and Need are very strange emotions when it comes to a store...hehehe

They NEVER put my bags in my basket either. However, I always buy two grocery carts full. I normally have to bring over a cart so that we can begin to fill that up while we are still unloading the other. Its a little over the top, but this is why I NEED the place..hehehe