Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Like A Starburst...Sorta

It's the height of flu season at school. Monday there were four kids absent and I sent three more home with temperatures over 101. Today there were five kids absent and I sent one home with a fever about mid-morning. I think I'm turning into one of those germ-a-phobs who wash their hands every five seconds, bathe in hand sanitizer, and actually like the smell of Lysol!

I've been lucky this year that I've only caught one thing (knocking on wood) this year. It was bronchitis in October. But, today I started feeling a little tired and achy. My head began to hurt and it throbbed even more with every tummy ache complaint and sniffle. I feel like I should wear some bubble outfit tomorrow!

Anyway, I called my mom (who do you think the teacher complains to?) to tell her to pray hard that I didn't catch anything. I have big plans this weekend. There is a BBQ cook-off, cowboys, alcohol, cowboys...sorry. Where was I? Oh yeah, my head hurts. Well, she told me to go and buy this Zicam medicine. Supposedly, it nips the cold in the butt. I thought it was a nose spray kind of thing, but it actually comes in many forms....nose spray, chewable tablets, soft chews, rapid melt thingies...you get my point. It also comes in a variety of flavors. I chose the soft chews in strawberry.

After reading the directions (no orange juice for me tonight...apparently the acid can upset the stomach) I took one. It was like a starburst...less sweet and more chalky. Anyway, I hope that this cures whatever is ailing me. Or at least anything that might be thinking of ailing me.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I hope you don't get sick! I know something has been going around here, and I haven't caught it... yet... and I hope I don't!

Edtime Stories said...

congrats and the battle of blogs nod.

Secondly...good luck with the cold, cowboys and alcohol...good luck with that too.

Valerie said...

Battle of the Blogs? sweet!
you know what i love is Airborne...it really works, especially the sore throat lozenges!