Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pass The Kleenex Please

My Spring Break travels came to a close late Saturday night so I didn't pay much attention to my porch, but I did notice that it looked...off. Well, Sunday morning on my way to church I noticed again the offness of the porch. It looked greenish. I was running late so I made a mental note to look into this greenish business when I came home.

After getting home and changing clothes, I went out to investigate. Yes, my porch was a strange shade of yellowish green. It seemed to be covered in a fine dusting of something. And even more perplexing was that all my deck furniture was covered in it too. I had no idea what this stuff was, but I ran my fingers through it. I will never learn to curb my curiosity.

I couldn't tell what it was by touch or sight so I just left it. Monday morning I discovered the yellow stuff on my car. What the heck is this stuff?

Thankfully, at work everyone was talking about the fine gold dusting we'd received. Apparently mine isn't the only porch, deck furniture, and car that was covered in pollen. Yep, the nose itching, sneeze producing pollen. Maybe I should mention that I'm highly allergic to pollen. Especially tree pollen. Apparently, this is very common down here in East Texas, but not so in West Texas. I've been told that trying to wash it off the car is useless and using a broom to clean off my porch will only track it in my house (more so than what is already tracked in on my shoes). Thank goodness Spring only comes once a year!

Oh well...live and learn...and buy stock in Kleenex!

1 comment:

Nikky said...

Wow, y'all got it rough down there! Our allergy season won't start for a couple more weeks, depending on the weather, but still, it doesn't get so bad that it's covering stuff with a layer of pollen film!

I already have my claritin ready, because if I can get it under control before it wipes me out, I can stay medicated for a full month, and be semi-normal through the whole snotty season!
Good Luck to ya! (buy stock in the Kleenex company!)