Sunday, April 29, 2007

Change Of Scenery

Goodness, I'm tired of looking at that last post! So, I thought a change of scenary would work. Unfortunately, I'm pooped at the moment. I've had a long weekend (visiting with family and reconnecting with some old friends) so the following is a collection of...well stuff. I love it when my blog posts have no rhyme or reason. Okay, not really.

Surviovr: Yau-man (the clever dude that made a fake immunity idol) left the real one in his backpack where people could find it. I'm seriously rethinking the clever part. Anyway, everyone knows that you keep the idol on your person no matter what! To make this short...people find it, people spill beans to others, people are stupid and don't force Yau-man to play the idol. Seriously...they must have island fever. If I were on the island this is what I would have done with the knowledge that Yau-man had the idol. I would have talked out loud about voting off Yau-man and given him the idea that everyone would be voting for him so he'd use it. Of course we'd all vote for someone else so it would just be wasted. Why don't the guys think about things like that? I'm telling you...the island is getting to them.

Gallbladder surgery: My friend Sophia's husband made BBQ (extremely good BBQ) last night for everyone, but she went home early and got really sick. He called up there asking if anyone else had gotten sick thinking it was food poising. We were all okay, but it turns out that it was her gallbladder. Anyway, today the group of us decided to all make cards to send to her. Anyone who knows me for even the littlest bit of time knows how I love to send mail! So, a friend and I decided to tickle Sophia's funny bone. Our card had a grill on the front and in a smoke cloud said "Sorry about the gallbladder thing but at least it wasn't the BBQ but still..." and the inside said "sucks to be you". Come on people. That is funny! Some of you may not appreciate the humor, but she will because we enjoy going to the corner. For everyone outside of the loop the corner is what we call it when we get all tacky with each other. She and I go a lot so to her it'll be funny and that's all that counts!

Shoes: I bought new shoes. Not one or two pairs but six of them. Great sale at Payless. Thank goodness I don't have a husband to have to explain that purchase to!

This brings the collection to a close. I'll be traveling home tomorrow and hopefully will be back to regularly scheduled posts that connect in some form or fashion!

7 comments:

Nikky said...

Oh, please, I LOVE a good gobble-de-gook post... that's pretty much all I do, my brain just flits from one thing to another... it's good to blog and release that stuff!
Otherwise, I think I'd have a constant headache from all the gobble-de-gook in my head!
(btw, SIX? Six pairs of shoes? you are amazing... you must have normal sized feet. My big gunboats couldnt find 6 pair in a year that look cute enough to buy! Good for you!... now, let's see these shoes!)

Allison said...

Yay for new shoes!

Valerie said...

ya gotta love BOGO @ Payless. i know i do!

the gallbladder thing reminds me of mine! i ate chicken strips for lunch, came home and got into a huge fight with the Husband, went in our room to sulk and thought my stomach was gonna explode! got admitted, and on Good Friday, got cut.

and i love the card! i got some good ones but not as good as yours!

Edtime Stories said...

I have a challenge on blog:
http://edtimestories.blogspot.com/2007/05/silence-and-community.html
Read it and the comment will make sense.

You teach me to look at life in the details, to find joy in the everyday.

marykathryn said...

6 pair of shoes??!! Wow I think the green eyed monster is starting to come out and take this comment over..I better get off right now..LOL No really, that must have been one amazing sale..I do love Payless..they have a great selection!!

Becky said...

Steff,
I am glad someone else goes shopping like I do. Except I really do it with shoes - I do that with purses and books. Guess I better start collecting shoes since I will be having to wear actual outfits to work in August instead of wearing scrubs everyday like now.
- Becky

*~Annette~* said...

*heart* Survivor. That's all I'll say.

And that it was GOOD to see you last weekend. :-)