Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you have a blessed weekend...however you choose to spend it.

This weekend my parents are here visiting and I'm so excited! It's hard being so far away from them so I really enjoy their visits. Yesterday we went shopping (okay Daddy just footed the bill and endured three hours at a Sam Moon center) and today we've set around talking and watched a movie. And to reward my dad for being such a good sport yesterday, we're driving out to the lake this afternoon so he can look for a good fishing spot. Hopefully, he'll have some time to go fish tomorrow.

Also, the weather has given us a surprise! A cold front came through yesterday so it's hovering around 40 degrees today. We even had big fat snowflakes this morning. Yes, you read that right...big fat SNOWFLAKES in Huntsville! It didn't last for very long and it didn't stick, but they were falling! It was pretty. I tried to take a picture but I'm not sure how well the snowflakes came out. If it's good I'll update the post with a picture. I can't believe we had snow...well at least for a few minutes!

Everyone take care and happy Easter! :)

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't this weather crazy? We had 80 degree temps last week, and now we're under a freeze warning!

Happy Easter!

Becky said...

Steff,
What did you get from Sam Moon? I haven't been there in forever. Anything great? How are your parents? We got snow yesterday in Lubbock - have pics I have to upload to my blog. Hope to hear from you soon!

Nikky said...

Huntsville and Lubbock? I didn't know we had towns named that here in Minnesota!
I don't mean to laugh, and honestly with snow in April, even us Minnesotans are NOT laughing, but to hear y'all talk about how cold you THINK it is...
Difference is that our snow not only FELL, but stuck. We got about 7 inches here on April 1st.
Global warming is goofy, Im a little scared....

Anonymous said...

We had sleet here this weekend. What a surprise! I'm glad to hear you had a good weekend

Allison said...

Ah, snow, don't miss that. I just wish the silly weather would make up it's mind and stay warm!

marykathryn said...

That sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend...and shopping too?? Wow, now that is what I call fun!!..hehe
My parnets live in Oklahoma and they said they had snow a couple of days ago too..CRAZY!! We live in Wash. state and we almost never get snow in April!!
Have a great day!!
BTW.. Thanks for taking the time and checking out my blog..:-)

Steff said...

Melissa: This was just a fluke. We're supposed to be back up in the 89-90 range this week. But it sure was pretty!

Becky: I got about $80 worth of jewelry and a really pretty clutch to go with this outfit I need for the captain's dinner. I got lots of good stuff!

Nikky: Believe me...this is odd in the extreme for us. And you're right. It is probably silly to y'all who really endure the cold weather to listen to us go on about how cold it is...lol!

Bethany: Hey, nice to hear from you! The weather did make for an interesting Easter. I hope yours was great!

Allison: Yep, it's on its way to being hot! I don't enjoy that so much, but it is nice that the weather is warm and I can do things outside now!

Jaded said...

Thanks for stopping by!

The lyrics I have posted are from a song called "Morning Like This" by Sandi Patti. It's a really beautiful song, and one of my favorites to sing.

I hope all is well with you. It was cold here too yesterday. The kids had to do their egg hunt in winter coats because it was only about 40, when normally it's over 60 at this time of the year!

Trina said...

Hey Steff, I responded to you over at my blog, but I thought I would come over and say that was such a great comment. Thank you so much for sharing that with me. I know how hard all of those decisions had to have been for you. Its for those challenging choices that God can really bless you too!!