Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Home Repaired Home!

When I left a few weeks ago, I left my house a little broken. I promise, I'm not a horrible tenet! There were just a few major structural things that desperately needed to be repaired. There was a weak place in the bedroom floor that had become a major dent type thing. Thankfully the carpet hadn't been torn through! Also, several weeks ago during a really heavy rainstorm a limb had fallen onto the roof (right above my bed no less) and punctured a hole in it. That eventually filled with water and I got a leak. That lead to some molding and well...you get the picture.

My landlady, who really is sweet even if she is a little nutty, said that she'd have everything taken care of by the time I came home. I was doubtful, but when I came home yesterday I had a new bedroom floor and the ceiling had been repaired. I can't tell you how glad I am that she came through and it was all taken care of! As you might guess I'm not Ms. Fix-it so it was really nice to go away and come back to a repaired home!

I can't believe that I'm coming up on a year here! Despite a few probably common house problems (you know that shower faucet, the bugs, the bedroom) I really do love this place. It's in a great location (close to work and very pretty grove of trees) and it really does feel like home. And that is the sweetest part of all!

5 comments:

Lori said...

The great thing about renting is the phone call to get someone else to fix it!!!

Steff said...

Lori: I know! I think she thought I was calling too much (a long list of repairs have been made while I've been here!) but I'm so glad to have everything back in working order!

Melissa said...

Yay for having a fixed house!

Lindsey said...

Home is home:)

Nikky said...

That is a great feeling (having someone else do the repairs!) I can't wait til I get that back. For the past (almost) two years, its been all me, and when he gets home in a month or so, WOW, have I got a list for him!

Landlords can be a great thing, even if they're a bit nutty!