Sunday, September 02, 2007

In The Hot Seat

I volunteered to be "interviewed" by a fellow reader and posted below is a sampling of questions. They range from the nice to the naughty and everywhere in between. I think these things are fun and interesting because these type of questions usually dig a little deeper into the interviewee and make the interviewer think a little past what-is-your-favorite-color type questions. Enjoy getting to know a little bit more about me (probably some things that wouldn't normally just come out in a post!) and if you'd like to take a turn in the hot seat let me know!

What is your favorite soup?
My favorite homemade soup is my mom's Southwestern Soup. I bet everyone has a recipe for something "kind of like that" but I think my mom's is the absolute best! It's thick and hearty and perfect for cold days. It's also very easy to make and practically fool proof (which sometimes I need!)

And because I'm a nice kind of gal I'll even share the recipe!

1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
2 med. onions
2 cans ranch style beans
2 black beans
2 cans whole corn (with the liquid)
1 can hominy
1 large can diced tomatoes (with the liquid)
1 can mild (or spicy depending on your taste) Rotel
1 lb. Velveeta cheese

In a large (and I mean LARGE) soup pot brown the ground beef and onions together. Drain away any unwanted grease. Add the ranch dressing mix and stir together. Add all of the remaining ingredients (except the cheese) and bring to a boil. Slowly add the cubes of Velveeta cheese and stir until melted. It's the dump and heat method...very easy and very good!

And when I feel lazy my favorite soup is Campbell's Select Italian Sausage with Pasta and Pepperoni.

If you were going to buy underwear for a man, what would you get?
This is kind of tricky to answer as I don't really buy underwear for guys. I guess I would say that I'd probably buy briefs in colors. And perhaps one or two pair of goofy boxers (the kind with cartoons or inappropriate crotch jokes on them) just to add some variety to the mix.

Have you ever stolen anything on purpose?
Yes, I stole a hot glue gun stick from Michael's Craft Store when I was about 6 or 7. My dad found out I'd taken it and made me return it to the store and apologize. Also in college I one time changed the price sticker on a book at Wal-Mart so I didn't have to pay full price. That was a moment of weakness and being broke. I haven't stolen anything else.

Does anyone have naked pictures of you?
Yes. (I think the interviewer was referring to those embarrassing naked-baby-in-the-sink type pictures all parents have...right?!)

What one thought turns you on more than anything else?
Being with a guy that is totally turned on by the good girl in me and the girl that wants to do the unexpected and break all kinds of rules and taboos. Oh, and that guy should have a great mouth! You can tell a lot about a guy by the way he kisses and uses his tongue. ;)

There you go...more about me. Now, who wants to go next?!

8 comments:

Edtime Stories said...

okay... great answers...
I imagine baby pictures were what we all mean.

A good mouth eh?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're brave!

Jacquie

Steff said...

Ed: Yes...I'd like a good kisser.

Diva: Brave?! Just honest.

Lori said...

Girl - you are brave!!! I don't know if I could have HONESTLY answered some of those! LOL!

You can interview me if you want - it might be fun since we have so much in common! Be nice though ~ my Mom reads my blog! ha!

Steff said...

Lori: I'm getting a complex! What was so brave...the last question? Glad you're going to play along!

Lori said...

ummm...yeah...naked pictures, mens undies, and what turns you on? hee-hee! That could get dangerous!!

Steff said...

Lori: It's all in good fun...at least I hope that is how everyone takes it! ;)

Lori said...

ok - I finished your questions...I may have gotten myself in trouble with #1! ha!!!