Sunday, September 30, 2007

Where In The World

Just recently, I added a counter to the bottom of my blog. I'd seen this counter on other blogs and it was pretty neat. It told me the cities that I'd had visitors from on a daily basis. I average about 20 visitors a day and it was interesting to see where those visitors were coming from. Some I knew who they were but others were a mystery. I even had some hits from other countries!

Anyway, I have to admit I'd become a little addicted to seeing the cities and trying to guess who might have stopped by and left a comment. It was a fun little game. Unfortunately I wasn't too great at it. It all kind of makes me wonder who these people are that stop by. I love getting comments and "meeting" new people so to speak through my blog. I wanted to just shout out for those people from other countries or other cities to leave a little hi in the comment box!

Well, I had the counter set up by city and now it's gone freaky and started just listing the countries. It's pretty weird how the thing just changed itself. Well, I deleted it, went back to the Neocounter site and re-selected the daily cities counter. I put it on my blog and low and behold the stupid countries one popped up again. I did this whole routine of deleting and making a new one twice now and I'm at the frustration point. That comes so quickly when I don't understand what I'm doing.

So, if you're a Neocounter expert and can help me please do so. Otherwise, I'm just going back to being blissfully unaware of who stops by here. And if you're a lurker, feel free to say hi in the comments. I won't bite...promise!

**Post Script: I think I may have figured it out! I think I had just signed up for a free trial so I went back and paid the relatively low fee for a year's worth of looking at who stops by and viola...my old counter is back! This seems like a fix, but given my experience with technology this could be a band-aid that is already losing it's sticky grip. We shall see! **

8 comments:

Edtime Stories said...

I pop in but don't always have something to say. You know where I am from though... I think

Steff said...

Ed: I know, but I was thinking more about the people that never comment. True, sometimes just reading is the fun part but I'm a curious person in general and just wonder about those that read here! And I think I know where you're at too...a vowel state?

Lori said...

Very cool...but it would drive me crazy wanting to know who all was reading! ha! I know lots don't leave comments, but seeing it would make me too curious! ha!

Nikky said...

I do the same thing with my site meter, and then the googles that bring people to me just baffles me some days!
In case ya didn't know, often I show up as being from Grand Forks ND, don't know why, since I'm in MN, but I've noticed it on my own meter... it's just me!

Valerie said...

sorry - no help on tech things, but i'm glad you got it figured out.

Sophia said...

Glad to hear you are internationaly known.

Anonymous said...

Mine did the same thing and ticked me off! I can't afford the 'relatively small price' right now so I had to delete completely! *insert large sigh here*.

Jacquie

Lindsey said...

I had one for a while and I think it's still there, but I don't even look at it now...it drives me crazy trying to figure out who everyone is!! But I do get curious....