Monday, October 29, 2007

The Gourd Life

Well, I can officially say that gourds really aren't my thing. When I looked at the plethora of gourds on display I simply saw over grown potato looking things. But, some people obviously see a blank slate on which to develop their creativity. The final products were amazing! I gave in and bought a dipper gourd but so far I'm uninspired. I'm trying to think of what I can do to it paper crafting-wise. If anything sparks I'll show off my craftiness!

The family part of the weekend was good too, though some what awkward. This seems to just be the theme when we get together with my dad's family. No one wants this to happen, but it just some how does. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to visit with my parents and despite some of the bumps I enjoyed seeing my aunts again too.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, there were no flashers either!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hopefully, no one pulled the gag on you that my dad used to pull on us: when we'd say "go ahead" as a kid, he'd reply "gourd head? you're a gourd head?"

Ha ha, dad. Very funny.

Nikky said...

Wow... I don't know of any fall gourd festivals here in Minnesota, we are (they are) big German heritage beer drinkers here, so we get Oktoberfests... lots of them. Every weekend if you want, late August through late November, you can travel to a different Minnesota town and get drunk. Now, I, being of Irish heritage cannot condone the drinking of alcohol (HAHA, I'm so funny)but really, I've never been to an Oktoberfest... think I'd rather look for obscene gourds!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad about the ghords, because, between you and I and your readers, I don't get the whole ghourd thing either!!!

Jacquie

Lindsey said...

Glad you had a great time!1 I don't think I'm a gourd person either....too bad about the flashers!!

Trina said...

At least mom and dad were there. The good ole stand bys, right? You said there was a story behind the family thing, do share....