Friday, October 26, 2007

It's All About The Gourds

This week is done...thank you Lord! For some reason I thought not being a firsty would make life easier. Apparently not. It was "everything is due" day...grades, assessments, lesson plans, the works. I'm so ready for the weekend!

I'm heading out of town tomorrow morning. I'm meeting my parents and dad's sisters in Waco this weekend for a gourd festival. Seriously, I know. Gourds aren't really my thing, but maybe I'll learn something. Basically, I'm going to visit with family that I don't see very often (and oh yeah there is a story there about that) and a little bit because it's the middle of Fall and people should go to gourd type things right?!

I'm taking an open mind and my digital camera. Updates when I return home Sunday. I wonder if I'll see any gourds like this...



I think this dude is called The Flasher! This is even funnier because my very proper Mama sent me this in an email. LOL! Oh my, obscene squash.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that's hilarious! Just hilarious. I may have to put that on my blog!

Jax

Jaded said...

LOVE that pic...too funny!

Have fun looking at gourds, and of course, visiting your family.

Lindsey said...

Have a great time!!!! That pic is hilarious!

Valerie said...

that is freaking hysterical. wrong, but so right.

Steff said...

Ladies: Glad to know y'all like obscene squash as much as I do! Feel free to cut and paste. Oh and if anyone actually puts this out on the front lawn...pictures please!