Thursday, November 01, 2007

And So It Begins!

Christmas!

Seriously, I'm so excited about and ready for this holiday. I love this time of year. Everyone seems a little bit happier and even the hustle and bustle of the season is appealing. I was in Walgreens Wednesday morning (incredibly early because I forgot I was responsible for the cookies and milk for the activity that day) and they already had the Christmas trees up and decorated! I think I hummed Christmas carols all morning.

I do love this time of year, but it's not for the gift-getting. Well, I wouldn't be completely honest if I didn't admit to liking that part, but it isn't the main reason why I love this season. This season appeals to me because first it represents a huge part of my faith. The Christmas season always causes me to reflect upon the greatest gift ever given...Jesus. Also, this season is about family and loved ones. And in case you couldn't tell, I'm very much a family and loved one kind of girl.

Life is pretty stressful right now. Unfortunately for me, life isn't picky. It's spread the stress everywhere...work, family, my love life, my check book, and friends. Stress doesn't always mean bad stuff but it just means stress. Thankfully, Christmas shopping, Christmas wrapping, Christmas card writing, holiday baking (I know...who would have thought this girl would actually spend hours in the kitchen cooking!), holiday parties, and such take that stress right away. I'm so happy this season is beginning!

Now, if you'll excuse me...I'm feeling in the mood to make a Christmas gift list!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

i can do you one better: i started Chirstmas SHOPPING tonight!

Lori said...

Yep - I made out my Christmas shopping list today during a meeting! Happy Holiday season!

marykathryn said...

I do love Christmas as well... I even start to look forward to that one Coke-Cola commercial with the polar bears..LOL
Hope your life destresses soon!! Is that a word?? LOL

Trina said...

I absolutely LOVE this time of year too! There is something festive around every corner. I love how excited the kids are, the decorations that leave a twinkle in all of our eyes, even the Christmas shopping is a fun experience. I am ready to start. Come on day after Thanksgiving sales!!

Anonymous said...

I usually love this time of year, and I'm trying to get excited about it ... really, but I'm finding it difficult to feel excited about it when I'm not sure if Christmas (at least the gift-giving/Santa part) will be coming my family's way.

Keep singing those carols though ... maybe I'll hear you from here!

Jacquie

Lindsey said...

Oh I love this time of year too!!!! It's so fun and of course crafty!