Sunday, November 04, 2007

Moments Of Dork-ness

Have you ever had one of those moments when you absolutely were a dork? Well, I had one this morning. Even my mama, who loves me dearly, called me a goof ball. Let me stop right here...everyone is aware that last night was time change right? I know it now, but the fact escaped me earlier today.

I went to bed at a reasonable time last night. I knew I would have to get up and get a move on because I was going to meet my friend for church this morning. I rolled over and stared at the clock (which said 7:13am). This seemed like a ridiculously early time to get up on a weekend. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but I was already awake. Darn. I finally crawled out about 7:30am (or so the clock said...lying little electronic device).

I went about my morning routine...wash my face, get grossed out by the over-grown-ness of my eyebrows, jump in the shower, you know, the usual. After my shower, I got back in bed and noticed that I had a text message waiting for me. Unfortunately, my friend picked up some nasty food poisoning and wouldn't be meeting me for church. I noticed that the text was received at 7:23am. I didn't remember hearing the beep but sometimes I miss it.

Now, I'd like to say that this was the point in which I remembered about time change. I could have had a nice laugh and gone back to bed, but nope. I continued getting ready for church...totally unaware. I was half way to church when it dawned on me that it was time change the night before. I was going to be an hour early to church. Darn...again.

About that time, I had a horrifying thought. It was the weekend and I had willingly gotten out of bed at 6:30am. Darn. Darn darn darn. Also, now I had some wacky time to kill. I didn't have enough time to make it worth going back home. I'd get there and have about ten minutes and then I'd need to leave again. I had too much time to just drive around for a little bit. I'm cheap and gas is expensive. So, what to do? I went to Walmart. I needed to buy groceries anyway.

So, blogger friends...learn from me. Go set your clocks back an hour!

8 comments:

Niners said...

You are not the only dork you know. I forgot too except I was still at home when I remembered, or I would have been at church an hour early, wondering where everybody was. I still didn't get any response about Thursday.

Steff said...

Nina: I just wish I'd remembered the first time I woke up! Glad to know I wasn't alone though. :)

Lori said...

HA! so sorry!! One time when we were little my Mom did that with the "spring" forward and we got to church as it was ending!

smileymamaT said...

ooh-that IS early. I once went to work an hour early....then again I once went to work on my *day off*...sigh....

Melissa said...

We remembered, but my mom forgot. She wasn't early to church, but she did rush around thinking she was going to be late!

Trina said...

Well I will join you in that dork club! The ONLY reason we figured it out is because Mary called us. Thankfully! I guess I live such an isolated little life that I hadnt heard anyone mention it, nor did it occur to me. Now how my husband missed the memo is beyond me! We need to get out more I guess! hehehe

Anonymous said...

We remembered, which is good, since I had lots of guests scheduled to be at our house for Meghen's party at 1:00. I'm not a fan of the time change thing really ... I do wish they'd get rid of it as they've discussed doing.

Jacquie

Lindsey said...

I've never done that, but I have heard of others, so you aren't THAT dorky Steff!! It sure makes for a fun story!