Monday, December 03, 2007

Done Decking

I've decked my halls as much as I'm going to for this year. I've got the boxes put back in the closet and now I can just enjoy all the festive-ness around here. I didn't take pictures of everything because seriously who wants to look at it all?!



Here is my tree! You can't really tell from this picture, but the lights are really twinkly. I love my ornaments and the memories they bring me and I love my tree!




Please ignore the speakers... This is my pride and joy when it comes to Christmas decorations. I have this thing for Willow Tree angels (they are so beautiful!) and I love nativities. My parents gave me this nativity a couple of years ago for my birthday. I promptly broke one of the wisemen's head off but you'd never know now. Thank goodness for super glue! Anyway, I love this (even with the speakers)!




Last weekend I went to a local tradition here...Journey Through Bethlehem. Several local churches get together and put on a live pageant type thing of the nativity story. It was a lot of fun! There were a lot of animals to pet (I got up close and personal with a llama!) and things to taste. I even got to participate in a Jewish wedding dance. I know that Christmas isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoy the season. I had a great time at this and I think there are a couple of other Christmas story type things going on here in town that I'll go to before the end of the month. It all helps keep me focused on what is important to me about the season!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Decorations look FABULOUS! So jealous...don't have mine done yet. That is my weekend goal!! I will put pics up as soon as I can. When are you heading home for Xmas?? I bet you can't wait!! Should I send your Xmas gift to your place before or to your parents?

Steff said...

Becky: I didn't put out everything because I don't have room for it all, but I'm totally happy with what I do have out! I'm going to my grandparents on the 22 but I won't be at my parents for too long so if you're trying to catch me just send it to my house. I'll love it whenever I get it! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your christmas tree!

Melissa said...

Yay for Christmas decorations! I love to see what others do at their house!

Lori said...

Love the decorations - especially the Believe!
I went to my first Christmas play this weekend - a great way to start the season!

Anonymous said...

Everthing looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bethany!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I so love the fact that you decorate for yourself. I have single friends that don't and I just don't quite understand it!

Looks mahvelous dahling!

Jacquie