Thursday, November 29, 2007

Holiday Cheer

I haven't done a questionnaire thingy in a while and how many different ways can you say work and a sore throat make me feel like crap? Seriously! So, I'm shaking off that work stress and nursing my sore throat (the Rocky Road is totally for medicinal purposes) and getting in touch with the cheer that comes from the spirit of the season!

Don't be a Scrooge...play along.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper unless I absolutely can't help it. I have this unusual thing for paper and tape!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? Well, this was only my second year to do it, but both times I've put the tree up Thanksgiving weekend. It was nice this year that Thanksgiving fell early in the month so I get an extra week to enjoy the decorated tree!

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January...usually before I have to go back to school.

5. Do you like eggnog? Ick...no.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'd have to say my play kitchen. My Papa made if for me. It came with a fridge, sink, pantry, and stove. Plus I had all the play plates and food. How fun! Funny, you'd think with a kitchen as a kid I'd have more kitchen skills. Anyway, I spent many hours with that thing. It is in storage for when I have a little chef of my own.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, nativities are one of my favorite Christmas decorations. I love Willow Tree Angels and my parents bought me the Willow Tree nativity. It is beautiful!

8. Hardest person to buy for? Daddy

9. Easiest person to buy for? Mama

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Hmm, well nothing sticks out right at this minute. Last year at the work Christmas party I did get some horrible Valentine white and red hearts as ornaments. That was a white elephant gift so it might not count.

11. Mail or email Christmas card? Oh, y'all...you know I love mail happiness so of course I mail out Christmas cards. But, there are some people that I have to send e-cards to for the holiday. Some of you fine folks are on the e-card list, but if you want to be on the actual card list just send me your address! I'd love to send you some mail happiness!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Unlikely Angel

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26 (What?! I shop all year long. That is half the fun for a shopaholic!)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably...but only because I know someone else would enjoy it more. That is buyable right?!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything out on snack day! In our family we have a day that is the snack day. We put out finger food type things and just snack...all day long. As kids, my Mimi would put out this little plastic tree with sausage, cheese, and olives on it. She'd turn around and we'd have everything off it! It's just a tradition in our family.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Multi-colored lights on the tree. If they flash and sparkle even better! I have this adorable little bear that looks like he is playing the piano. When you push his hat the lights dance to the tune of Christmas carols. Love that little guy...makes the tree so pretty!

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Come All Ye Faithful

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I travel. Usually to my parents and then to my grandparents. I have no idea what I'll do when I'm married and have to share the holiday with another family.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? On Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Rudolph, Visa, Master Card...oh wait. Uh...I guess not.

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? I have a star on top and then the first ornament under the star is an angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve is for presents from family. Christmas morning is for stockings and Santa gifts.

22. Most annoying thing(s) about this time of year? Long lines at the stores and being over committed for holiday parties.

7 comments:

Lori said...

You know I'll play along - I'm a sucker for these things! LOL! Give me a few days - I linked you up on my post today! I was so upset the set of stamps I ordered for you are on backorder!! urgh! YOu just never know when your goodie bag is going to arrive! ha!

Steff said...

Lori: I'm glad you found so many goodies from Creative Imaginations! You know you didn't have to get me anything, but I'll eagerly await their arrival! :

*~Annette~* said...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? For Christmas gifts? wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, but I have the fake one, just in case.

3. When do you put up the tree? Normally, Thanksgiving weekend, but we're not worrying about it this year due to visiting family!

4. When do you take the tree down? Right after New Year's or when it dies.

5. Do you like eggnog? YES!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My boom box. I had wanted on forever!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. My Precious Moments one!

8. Hardest person to buy for? My FIL's.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Mom

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? a pair of shoes from my exhusband. The same day he gave his mistress a full designer outfit right in front of me. OUCH.

11. Mail or email Christmas card? MAIL.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rudolph!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? September.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Stuffing.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? white... but I love the blue.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Sleigh Ride

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? have to travel, but would rather stay home.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. RUDOLPH!

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Angel. She's purty.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning, but we've been known to be impatient.

22. Most annoying thing(s) about this time of year? rude people. Seriously. No one wants to WAIT.

Nikky said...

ok, I'm going to do this over on my blog... I need something to do for awhile before I head to work, so thanks!!

Valerie said...

hey! i like this one! it'll get done.

BBC said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog hon. I don't do Christmas anymore, got over all that years ago.

I used to have a bumper sticker that said.

"My child was the student of the month at the state correctional facility".

Wishing you safe and happy paths on a crazy planet. Hugs.

doodlebugmom said...

I saw this on Valerie's blog and had to play too. Now I am doing Christmas polls, come on over and vote...tell your friends too!