Tuesday, November 27, 2007

All Things Pajamas

Let me begin by thanking all of you for the well wishes. I'm not feeling one hundred percent, but I don't feel like crawling into bed and dying either! I so wish I could call in for a sick day, but most people simply do not understand how horrible it is when you do. Quick (promise) side rant about work: most of the time when you get a sub they move the sub to another spot and your kids get split. That is good on one had because you know your kids will continue to learn with your fellow teachers. On the other hand, your fellow teachers have three to five extra kids in their rooms that they were not expecting. I don't want to put them through that unless I absolutely have to. I don't absolutely have to right now. Anyway, thanks for thinking of me!

Now, onto the reason for such a strange title. I have had two somewhat strange dealings with pajamas in the last few days. As y'all know, I love Christmas time! I managed to get my tree up and decorated on Sunday amid feeling yucky. I have several other things up around the living room, but I still have about two boxes I need to unpack. (I have some pictures and I'll post those soon.) Well, one of my favorite things about my house is that I have two rows of windows in the living room. I put my tree in front of the last window and open the blinds so anyone passing by can see my tree. Yes, I'm vain that way. I quickly discovered that if you have the blinds open that means skimpy pajamas are out. I'll let your imagination work overtime as to how I made that discovery. Let's just say, it's flannel pj bottoms and full coverage tops for the rest of the holiday season.

The more recent run in with pajama talk was when one of my little kids asked me if I slept in pajamas. The thought quickly passed through my mind if he'd been down my street the night before. I assured him that I did sleep in pajamas. I tried to quickly move on to another topic, but he wasn't ready to leave this topic. He then went on to explain that he slept in his underwear so when it came time for Christmas morning he just ran out to open his presents in his undies. Sometimes the things these kids want to share just tickles my funny bone!

Now, I'm off to get into those decent pajamas and settle in for the night.

3 comments:

Lori said...

How'd you make the discovery??? This sounds like a good story!

Jaded said...

I somehow caught what you have. I feel yucky, and I believe that is, in fact, the technical term!

I'm glad you're feeling a tad better. i'm hoping I won't be so sick on Saturday for our anniversary celebration.

I LOVE comfy pj's!

*~Annette~* said...

I'm buying me some new flannel PJs at Target tomorrow. $14.99. Can't beat that! Blue and white stripes. SWEET!