Monday, November 26, 2007

Sniffle Snuffle Hack Hack

Let me preface this by saying that when it comes to being sick I'm just as bad (if not worse...eek that hurt to type!) as a man. When I don't feel well I want people to know about it. I mean, if misery loves company than when I'm miserable I want company. I usually prefer my mom when I'm sick, but she's 400 miles away so I have to make do on my own. Which sucks.

I feel like crap. Not your ordinary crap though. The kind of crap you step in, then beat your shoe on the porch to knock off the worst, and then you scrub in the grass to get the last bit off. That kind of crap.

Remember that sore throat and headache I'd mentioned before? Well, it hasn't gotten better. As a matter of fact it has gotten worse. I spent a pretty miserable night last night. Isn't it funny how a sore throat can make everything else feel worse? My stomach hurts (probably because when I swallow I want to gag), my nose hurts (from all the blowing...which has gotten to be painful as the hairs have decided to booger up), and I have a headache that won't quit. If I thought cutting off my head at the collarbone would help I'd do it!

At work we had this important meeting and my desk was a complete mess so I knew I could only call in sick if I were dead. I took a small drugstore in my purse and went off to work. Thankfully, my kids took pity on me today and were relatively quiet and so well behaved. Lunch was interesting. It turned out to be pretty hard to chew with my mouth closed when I couldn't breathe out of my nose. I spent thirty minutes with a napkin held in front of my face. Luckily for me, this whatever-the-heck-it-is has been going around so everyone understood. I'm not feeling worse (even though I'm not feeling much better either) so I still plan to go to work tomorrow. I haven't had any fever and with all the stuff going around I keep thinking that if I can make it I should make it. What if I catch something else that is worse and I really need to be at home in bed?

So, there is my sad tale. Please send me feel better wishes and throat spray. I could use them both.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Doesn't that stink, when you're sick enough to feel awful, but either 1. not sick enough to stay home, or 2. you've got too much work to stay home.

Sending you a hug and some spray!

Lindsey said...

Oh hang in there!! GO to bed early and call in sick tomorrow! You deserve it!

Lori said...

Hope you fee better soon!!!! Get some chicken noodle soup!

Becky said...

TOTALLY know how you feel!! Hubby got a severe sinus infection on Friday evening after Thanksgiving. He spent the rest of the weekend trying to get better only to have me get it yesterday. Hard time breathing, burning in my throat when I swallow....last night I slept with Menthalatum on my nose and I feel SO icky that I wish I didn't have to go to school. I am sorry, this isn't about me - I just know how you feel and if you need anything sent to you, let me know. Remember I used to work at a doctor's office. :)

Trina said...

Ugh....you got the same thing as me! All my kids have already got it, except River, and it is MISERABLE!! Will it ever leave our house?! I am sooooo sorry that you are having to go to work with yours...YOU POOR BABY! I am still required to do stuff here, but its in the comfort of my home with pjs as my attire. I sure hope it passes quickly for you, but man is it a beast of a virus!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Uhmmm... I don't have any throat spray.

doodlebugmom said...

Get well soon! Watch some Christmas shows, they will help =)

Niners said...

Okay you sound like you have what I had, only mine turned into a sinus infection, which is worse. I had fever, but for only one day. If I were you, I would go to the doctor and get some antibiotics, it takes a few days for them to kick in, but when they do, you will feel much better. If you need something, let me know.

Call in sick, you need a day to do nothing but sleep.