Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I just want to wish everyone that wanders by a Merry Christmas! Also, a wonderful New Year if you've come around after the Christmas rush. I'm going home tomorrow for some much needed rest and relaxation surrounded by family. It never ceases to amaze me the comfort that can come to your soul when it comes from someone that loves you...warts and all. Below is an updated picture of my tree...this time surrounded by presents!



Also, here is another questionnaire thingy. It is a little bit different than the normal type. Thanks Becky for letting me steal! If you make it all the way to the end (read this is a long one!) then extra brownie points to you!

1. I have come to realize that my butt:
will always be more round than any other part of my body. And heaven help any daughters I have...it is in the genes!

2. I have come to realize that when I talk:
not everyone likes or cares what I have to say. And I'm becoming more okay with that.

4. I have come to realize that I need:
to forgive and forget and move on.

5. I have come to realize that I lost:
my ability to trust easily. I trust my family, but there are very few others that I completely trust. How did that happen?

6. I have come to realize that I hate it when:
laundry day rolls around and then I hate when I realize laundry day will always come around...unless I turn nudist (which some days sounds pretty darn good!)

8. I have come to realize that marriage:
isn't exactly what I thought it was...

9. I have come to realize that work:
(Becky, I'm stealing this because it is so true!) Is just that, work...not your life and sometimes you have to just leave it there on the desk (the messy desk) and shut the door and come home.

10. I have come to realize that I will always be:
considered plus size but that will not define or drive my life!

11. I have come to realize that I like:
moving my body to the beat (even if it is a beat only I can hear)

12. I have come to realize that the last time I cried:
was over someone that shouldn't be worth the tears

13. I have come to realize that my cell phone is:
completely out of date...seriously I need a new phone!

15. I have come to realize that before I go to sleep at night:
I turn on my right side and snuggle my back up to my body pillow

16. I am currently thinking about:
how I should be wrapping, doing a load of laundry (not going nudist anytime this year...), packing, and cooking a lemon cake

17. I have come to realize that babies:
are sweet and fun to cuddle with and nice to hand back to their parents...I'm not ready for them yet.

18. I have come to realize that when I get on Myspace:
it has been an incredibly long time since I was last on there.

19. I have come to realize that today I will:
be thankful that I have a today to enjoy.

20. I have come to realize that tonight I will:
get to drool over Mick St. John!

21. I have come to realize that tomorrow I will:
not be ruled by the alarm clock! I will sleep until I wake up and then head to the family compound for Christmas!

22. I have come to realize that I really want to:
start scrapping again on a regular basis!

24. I have come to realize that true friends:
are a rare find that should be treasured and not taken for granted.

25. I have come to realize that the person who might repost this is:
Valerie because she loves me and wants to follow in my footprints! Well, I'm sure it is something like that...

26. What bill do you hate paying the most?
All of them! I hate them all equally.

27. Where's the best place to eat a romantic dinner?
Curled up on the couch together with Chinese and a couple of chopsticks.

28. Name of your first grade teacher?
Ohmygoodness...I don't remember. Mrs. Thomas maybe???

29. What do you really want to be doing right now?
This isn't that kind of blog...

30. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
In charge...

31. How many colleges did you attend?
One - go Midwestern! (Well, two if you count Algebra and Speech at the local junior college.)

32. Why did you wear the shirt that you have on right now?
It matches the pajama bottoms and it is super soft!

33. GAS PRICES First thought?
Dang...I forgot to gas up while I was out running around this afternoon. I guess I'll have to do it on my way out of town.

34. If you could visit anywhere and take someone with you...
Scotland (thanks to all those Highland romances) and I'd take my crush (well, if he'd be willing to go...)

35. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I'm sure something like, "Crap...already?"

36. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Don't forget the fruit....which I totally forgot this morning.

37. What errand/chore do you despise?
L.A.U.N.D.R.Y....seriously are there maids that only do laundry?!

38. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer at an art gallery?
Uh...no, probably not. I don't really get art.

39. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleep in if at all possible!

40. What is your favorite cartoon character?
I'm not sure...I liked watching The Gummy Bears

41. Are you planning on remaining in your current field?
Ahh...the hundred thousand dollar question...

42. Do you see yourself married in the next five years?
Yes

43. Your favorite lunch meat?
roast beef

44.What do you get every time you go into a WalMart?
A new book to read or a card to send someone.

45.Beach or lake?
Up until this summer I would have said lake, but after Mexico I'll always say the beach!

46. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Not exactly...I like what it says about two people making a commitment.

47.TV show you miss?
Touched By An Angel

48. Favorite guilty pleasure?
Oh it is hard to narrow it down to just one! My top few....venti caramel apple cider from Starbucks, a steamy romance novel, and panties (I know that one sounds strange, but I'm a believer that panties can make you feel sexy, confident, or pretty. My favorite pair...white cotton hipsters with pink and purple hearts.)

49. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Quills

50. What's your drink?
Barq's Rootbeer

51. Cowboys or Indians?
Cowboys

52. Cops or Robbers?
Robbers...something about being the bad girl

53. Do you cheer for the bad guy in a movie?
Sometimes...depends on how much I can identify with the character.

54. What Hollywood star do you think resembles you best?
I don't know...I don't think about it very much.

55. What do you want when you are sick?
My mama

56. Who from high school would you like to run into?
Monica...

57. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
89.3 KSBJ (It's 24/7 Christmas music right now!)

58. Worst mistake that you wish you could take back?
Jason...enough said.

59. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
Well, if you read the last post you should know! I'm directly across the hall from B. I do like her, but I do disagree with her on some things (mainly right now on how you talk to people).

60. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
George W. Bush...are you really as ignorant as the media makes you out to be?

61. What is the best gift you have ever received?
Unconditional love from my parents...it has taken my places and allowed me to go and find my own way in this world. That is the best gift I could have ever been given.

62. Have you ever had to use a firearm?
No...but I want to. I mean I want to get my handgun license.

63. Last book you read?
gods in Alabama (see sidebar...great book!)

64, Do you have a teddy bear?
No. I used to have one named Henry with a band-aid on its tummy...it was a gift after my diagnosis of GERD. He was my favorite!

65. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
This is the strangest question...I guess outside a tent in Big Bend National Park

67. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
Huh...Sacramento. I hear they have some amazing hogs. :)

68. Number of texts in a day?
2-3

68. If you had to choose- would you start a new career or relationship?
Relationship

69. Favorite Winter Olympic Sport?
Ice skating

70. Pencil or pen?
Pen...preferably a felt tip

71. Ancient Egyptians or Mayans?
Egyptians

72. How many jobs have you had?
I'm on my 11th...hmm I wonder what that says about me as an employee?!

73. Are you where you thought you would be at this age?
Not exactly...

Now, if you've read this far you deserve a stretch break! Come on...steal if you have the stamina to complete it.

7 comments:

Tan said...

I can soooo relate to #30!! I read it all and I'm stealin it! LOL Have a Merry Christmas.

Becky said...

Merry Christmas girl!! I am glad to see you stole this meme...I loved reading your answers. Be careful heading to my parents' this weekend - I hope you got my presents before you left!!! I hope, I hope...well, please tell your parents Merry Christmas for me!

smileymamaT said...

That was fun! 3 thoughts- I'd go to Scotland too...my favorite pair are pink hipsters with black stripes and lace...and I didn't know the Gummy Bears ever had a show! Darn!
Merry Christmas!
T

Valerie said...

holy moly. i guess i need to steal this one..and Suzy's too!

merry christmas, sweetie!!!

Lindsey said...

Fun answers Steff!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Lori said...

That was a long one but you know I'll do it! I'm as big a sucker for these as you are! ha!

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Jaded said...

Merry Christmas!!

And may the new year bring you an abundance of peace, joy, love, prosperity and good health.