Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Playing Catch Up

You guys really are the best. I've become this horrible blogger recluse, yet I still check my comments daily hoping that you guys haven't followed my terrible lead. And I'm always surprised! Thank you all for the wonderful comments and emails. Even when I'm being unusually quiet, I appreciate the thoughts and support. I'd promise to return the favor, but with my current blogging habits I might just end up being a terrible liar. So, I'm going to take it one day at a time and make time to visit at least one friend every day. Baby steps and all....

Anyway, the vacation time share...excuse me vacation home purchase...turned out to be a lot of hype. But you never know until you go right? I conned my cousin into going with me (promising her the "free" seat next to me on the plane to Vegas and all) and also so she could remind me to be strong and remember my favorite phrase, "No, thank you!" The guy who showed us around was really nice (and cute...but I wasn't swayed) and even took my "No, thank you!" very well. He just asked a manager to come over and talk to me about financing. I couldn't afford this place with the cute guy and even though I was curious about the "deal" this other guy could make me I still couldn't afford it. For those people that could it seemed like a good deal. Well, once I told him "No, thank you!" he became a little rude. Okay, more than a little rude. I believe his exact words were, "Fine, keep throwing away your money." (See they try to sell you on the idea that the money you'd spend on their vacation getaway is less than you'd spend on a year's worth of vacations.) I replied that I didn't think I was throwing away money at which point he stomped away from the table leaving me completely clueless as to what to do next.

When I finally did make it to the prize hut it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I "won" a trip to Aruba that I have to pay to get to, pay to eat and drink at, and pay to get around on. Not so great of a deal. Of course there is the Vegas trip...the one that leaves on Tuesday only between 3pm-10pm and lets us stay at the luxurious Days Inn. The best thing I got was a $40 gas card!

I was finally able to sleep again, but I'm not sure how long it is going to last. It is 9:45 and I'm wide awake. Hopefully a little blogging and then a little in bed reading will help me drift off at a reasonable hour. It is probably because I got the most unprofessional e-mail about my contract today and I'm all up in a stir again. As my mom has told me...let it go and don't pick it back up. Leave it alone! Keep sending me sleepy time thoughts okay...

I've applied at two more school districts. Just a little nibble in Spring but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that somewhere out there someone wants me. And no, Lori...not in Arkansas! It is a waiting game but I've waited before so I'll make it. Patience just isn't my long suit...not by a long shot!

Yes, there is a guy. But that is all I'm willing to share. Right now it is just a friendship (which is how they should all start out right) but I'm open to whatever comes next. We'll see.

There are only 29 days of school left. How does that happen? How can it already be the end of April? Time sure goes fast these days. I've got a great crop of kids this year and it is hard to believe that my time with them is already drawing to a close. They have made great gains this year and I'm so proud of them! And of course they keep me laughing (which I've needed a little bit lately)! The other day we were discussing diagrams and how some diagrams point out the names of parts. This particular diagram was a plane...parts of a plane. We got a little stuck on the word cabin (most thought that was a house) but after some explaining I thought we had it.

Ms. S: "Where does the pilot sit?"
S: "In his seat Ms. Stewart!"

Well, apparently not. But I had to laugh...

Thanks again for hanging in there with me. You bloggers are the best!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Steff, I hope you are sleeping now and not stressing too much. What school districts did you apply to?? Around the same area you are in? Sorry to hear that the free trip wasn't all it was cracked up to be but at least you got a free gas card! I know you are busy but if you ever need anything, I am just an email, text or call away! Love ya - take care of you!

Lori said...

I can't believe it's that time of year again already to start winding down...seems like I should more time with this group of kids. I have a great group this year too, and it's gonna be hard to let them go.

Hang in there with the guy thing. It will work out the way it is suppose to - same with the job. But that doesn't help ease the mind any I know! (and then there's always Arkansas...just kidding!)
Hugs!

Melissa said...

Good on you for not getting rooked into that timeshare - if you can't afford it, it doesn't really matter how good a deal it is, does it?

*~Annette~* said...

Smart girl!! You got a nice little trip and didn't get suckered! WOO HOOO!!!