Monday, September 01, 2008

Over Already?

I can't believe that the first week of school is over already. I can't believe that my little holiday weekend is over already! Things have been really busy and fast paced and I've been worn out so I haven't made time to update about my first week of school. So let me do that now...

I love my new school! I can't tell you all the differences between where I am now and where I came from. It really is night and day...or more accurately Heaven and Hell. Everyone gets along on my team and we're working really well together. We have this "Maxine" of the group that keeps me in stitches all day long. It is so nice to work in a relaxed atmosphere rather than a negative one.

My kids are really good too. This week we kept our homerooms all day long and tomorrow will begin the switch process. I'm sort of nervous about that because it is new to me, but I think I'll love just teaching Language Arts and Social Studies.

Getting up at 5am has taken some getting used to, but I'm getting used to it. Case in point...this morning my eyes popped open at 5:17am. Thankfully, I was able to shut them and go right back to sleep. That probably won't work tomorrow morning though!

I hope that everyone had a great holiday weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steff,

The tone of this posting is so up and that is so great after some of the discouraging postings you've had in the past. I'm so happy for you! So glad that you found what you were looking for!

Jacquie

Lori said...

So happy for you! I know exactly what you are feeling b/c I was there last year. It's amazing what a positive work enviroment can be - and it will carry over into other parts of your life b/c so much stress is lifted!

I have never switched classes but think I would love it. Give an update after you've tried it. I would think the lessons would be stronger b/c you are focused on one area.

At least we have a short week with the alarm clock this week!! ha!

Becky said...

Good luck on the switching classes - you will do great! You sound like you found your perfect place. Congrats! You deserve a lot less stress. Totally hear you on the 5 am thing - it seems to come earlier and earlier, at least it feels that way to me.

Melissa said...

I'll just join the chorus of "glad you've found your happy place!"

You'll do fine with the class changing. Nothing like a challenge!

Niners said...

I am so happy you are having a great beginning of the year, but your friends at SHE miss from seeing you everyday. Well at least I live acroos the street, and soon maybe just a few doors down :)