Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Shake It Girl

Tonight I made a discovery. Well, actually it is an affirmation of a previously discovered discovery. Hmm...did I just make up some words? Either way...the discovery...God blessed me with zero ounces of rhythm.


A friend of mine and I are jumping on the exercise band wagon. Apparently eating rabbit food and drinking water will only take you so far. We walk several times a week, but we're trying to expand our routines while shrinking our number of fat cells. We already do walking (1 mile a few times a week), we're exploring the water aerobics offered at the community pool, tennis looks easy enough, and my suggestion...belly dancing!


Yep, we're taking belly dancing lessons from the lovely (not to mention tanned, blond, tiny) Dolphina. Tonight was our first go at it. This is when I discovered just how rhythmically challenged I truly am. I look like some large retarded bird on drugs. Trust me...it ain't pretty. So, while I'm trying to loosen my chakras and touch my loonycona...or something like that (whatever it was it sounded pretty darn dirty) my friend got a good laugh. I lost my balance (which happens easily when the trunk is more full than the hood...seriously the girls can't even touch that junk) and ended up on the floor. My snakes are pretty sad and my shimmy...well even sadder. I totally stink in the dance arena!


But, despite my obvious handicap, I still managed to walk away with my thighs screaming and my heart pumping. So, I gotta be doing something right. Right?! Now, if you'll excuse me I have to take a large quantity of Advil and crawl into bed.

4 comments:

Niners said...

loonycona? I think I shimmied off some fat. Kudos on the advil..........if I can manage to get up and walk.

Lori said...

THAT is too funny! You go girl!

Rae said...

Oh, yeah, I remember the loonycona (or whatever)...Dolphina is a bit of a loonycona herself, and you're right it totally sounds dirty. :-)

And a lack of rhythm is the reason you do it at home! :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is funny.

I'm taking two dance classes too! Love it.

Jacquie