Sunday, October 26, 2008

Explain Please

So, it was brought to my attention that perhaps I acted like a tease...well maybe just a bit. Of course I could also argue that I just needed a little processing time. The older I'm getting the more I value that "shut up and say nothing for just a minute" time. Whatever my reason (notice I did not say excuse!), I'm fully prepared to do the explaining that so many of you asked for.


I should warn that this could possibly be a long post.


The Car
In short...wrecked, totalled, absolute loan mess, new car...sigh! The details are boring, but frankly there was a huge delay with the loan process. I did what the bank asked me to do with having the dealership fax over the sales worksheet. They let it sit on the fax machine for a day (all they can offer by way of explanation is some fuzzy "We're sorry.") which pushed it back till after the weekend. Then once the loan was approved I needed to have some documents which if I'd kept them it would have been easy to get them faxed over to the bank. But, since I'm all for getting rid of "clutter" I'd tossed it out. Basically, after a week of "I don't believe it!" moments I finally got to go and pick up my car. It is a 2008 Kia Spectra that I lovingly call Spence. And, after all was said and signed on multiple dotted lines, I bought a car! It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and that is directly because of some great advice/support/coaching from Josh (see...I told you I'd sing your praises) and lots of the same from my parents. Now, that is a lot to sigh about!


That Job Thing
A few weeks ago, my principal called me in and said that because of low numbers they were going to have to do some changing around. My heart nearly stopped. I thought I was being sent to another campus. Luckily for me, she just wanted to tell me that my AG (above grade learners) 2nd graders should begin learning third grade material so I'd have a section of AG 2nd and OG (on grade learners) 3rd. So, while I'm still teaching Language Arts and Social Studies I now teach 2nd and 3rd graders. It has been an adjustment, but I actually like the challenge. At first, a lot of the other teachers (let's just say there were many...many schedule changes to make this work) weren't very interested in this change. I can't blame them either...I hate change, but this time I went in with a positive attitude and it has been really...positive. Imagine that! So, yeah...I don't just teach 2nd grade anymore. I bet that is going to look so cool on a resume too!


I Finally Cracked...
For a while I've been having some pain in my foot. Okay, more than just a little pain...a lot of pain. It started months ago, but finally was bad enough to drive me to the doctor. I was pretty stunned when my family doctor thought it was a benign growth on a nerve and sent me immediately to an orthopedic surgeon. After several sets of x-rays and prodding around, it was determined that it was a much simpler affliction...a stress fracture across three metatarsals. I spent three weeks in the most unattractive and uncomfortable boot and now I've moved into the post operative shoe. Not a big improvement in the attractive footwear department, but much improved in the comfort one. I have to wear it for the next four weeks and then be re-evaluated. This truly has felt like the year of the medical mishap, but thankfully the year is almost over and this was the last one!


There have been a lot of little other things along the way, but those were the big things. I really should start blogging as things occur instead of trying to play catch up. Seriously.

4 comments:

Niners said...

It is nice to have a place to vent without the worry of getting the pink slip (well the slip was white).......not that I cared. I am still trying to find a way to do some anonymous tattling on some people....well on one person.

Nikky said...

Wow, I LOVE that you ended up with a Kia, and Spence? LOVE IT!
I really appreicate the clarifications on things, I was beginning to worry!
Hope the foot is well on it's way to back to normal, you deserve some NORMAL now!

Melissa said...

Ooh, I bet Spence gets GREAT gas mileage! Way to go!

My sister had a stress fracture on one of her feet, because she'd broken the other one REALLY badly and put all her weight on the "good foot." She had surgery, but I'm not sure what all they did while they were in there.

Lori said...

Yes ma'am, you should start blogging as things happen! :-)
congrats on the car!!
And, that 2nd/3rd grade will look good on the resume...not that you'll need it for awhile because you love your new school.